Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't see any z-wave device settings?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see any z-wave device settings?!?

Hi,

I have just moved from Fibaro HCL to HS3 and I have a problem after initial installation:

I can't see ANY device configuration settings for all of my fibaro and aeon ZWave devices. Shouldn't be templates available for most devices!?

What could be wrong?

HS3 Version 3.0.0.208 (Windows)
    Z-Wave.me UZB (ZME_UZB1) Interface

When I try to open settings on the root device, there are some empty lines, but nothing else!??! (see attachment)

Thanks and best regards :-)
    Tan

P.S.: I opened a ticket two days ago, but not answer...
    Attached Files

Which specific devices do you have so that someone can compare their settings screens? I don't have any Fibaro devices but have some Aeon ones. Which version of the zwave plugin are you using?

Cheers
    Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Al,

I have the following devices:
      • Fibaro Motion Sensor (FIB_FGMS-001)
      • Fibaro Wall Plug (FIB_FGWPE-101)
      • Fibaro Smoke Sensor (FIB_FGSS-001)
      • Fibaro 2x Relay Switch (FIBEFGS-222)
      • Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 (FIBEFGR-222)
      • Fibaro RGBW Controller (FIB_FGRGB-101)
      • Vision Siren (VIS_ZM1601)
      • Danfoss LC-13 Thermostate

(Sorry, no Aeon devices...that was a mistake.)

No settings on all devices...

(e.g. screenshot fibaro double relay switch)

Greetings
      Tan
      Attached Files

Comment

Z-Wave Plugin Beta Version 3.0.1.48

Comment

I can't see ANY device configuration settings for all of my fibaro and aeon ZWave devices. Shouldn't be templates available for most devices!?
          You would like to think so but these I have to be created manually by HS. My Fibaro motion sensors never had any settings but HS changed that recently when they started selling the device themselves, they are mainly an aid as the parameters can be set manually with the data contained in the various instruction documents. If you are migrating from a Fibaro unit it is probably only natural that they have native integration with the Fibaro modules/sensors whereas HS are likely more aimed at having these options available for devices they sell or otherwise have had time or good reason to put in.

Comment

Ok, I can understand, that not all z-wave devices from different vendors could be supported, but nearly NO device from Fibaro and Vision?? Every other open source and commercial software has some builtin templates or a possibility to create own templates (xml or what else) and to see old (cached) values (<<<!!).

For now, there is absoluty no way for me, to get current parameter values from my devices!? That must be possible for a software > 300$ ?!!!!

There should be at least a function to self add parameters with a short description (and the last set value shown!)

Comment

And why are there sometimes more and sometimes less "empty lines" in the settings section?!

Comment

You can get the value of a parameter by entering the parameter number and then submitting without entering a value for that parameter. Not very intuitive, but once you know it...

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Hi Al,

OMG... ok, thank you very much for the hint!

For battery powerd devices it would be very very helpful to see the last set values, so you can "fine-tune" for example a motion sensors sensitivity level...

But there is really no way "self-create" some device-templates?

Comment

Originally posted by Tan View Post
                    Hi Al,

OMG... ok, thank you very much for the hint!

For battery powerd devices it would be very very helpful to see the last set values, so you can "fine-tune" for example a motion sensors sensitivity level...

But there is really no way "self-create" some device-templates?
                    No problem. No, no template option currently exists. Would be a great addition though, so you should request that through Bugzilla as an enhancement.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

Originally posted by Tan View Post
                      Ok, I can understand, that not all z-wave devices from different vendors could be supported, but nearly NO device from Fibaro and Vision?? Every other open source and commercial software has some builtin templates or a possibility to create own templates (xml or what else) and to see old (cached) values (<<<!!).

For now, there is absoluty no way for me, to get current parameter values from my devices!? That must be possible for a software > 300$ ?!!!!

There should be at least a function to self add parameters with a short description (and the last set value shown!)
                      Fibaro have in the past been known for selling devices which don't quite behave as they should with HS, HS have said that they should not have been sold with those issues and there may even still be an issue with older models of the dual relay unit (search around for the discussion on that one). I imagine that this is behind some of the reasoning for this and also the fact that HS is a US company and tends to support US devices first (for reasons I completely understand). I have the dual relay unit and get only one parameter that is in the easy to read format, if there are any other parameters then I have to set them the hard way.

Comment

In the very early days of the HS3 Z-Wave plug-in I asked for the configuration options for Z-Wave devices to be brought out into user configurable file(s) and also for an unknown node type to be queried and produce a collection of it's capabilities that could easily be sent to HST.

My recollection of the response is something like "this would generate a lot of unwanted support requests from users who had screwed up their systems by fiddling with the configuration options".

The practice of selling "non protocol compliant" devices is certainly not limited to Fibaro. I think history will dictate that Aeon is (or was) a prolific offender in this area.

Be aware that there are some errors in the configuration options presented in HS3 for some Aeon devices. The attached image is of a European Aeotec Micro Smart Energy Switch model DSC18103 running Z-Wave plug-in 3.0.1.47.

In this particular example, Sensor (W) should read Current (A) and there should be a 4th option for Volts.

My experience suggests that nothing beats reading the manual yourself.

How providing incorrect configuration options is better than allowing users to "screw up" their system by editing configuration files eludes me...

Paul..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X