Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is me doing some shameless promotion of myself and HomeSeer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Can I trust you to vote for me on "Norway's Smartest Home" when the time comes?
    Congratulations on a nice article. Don't be surprised if you see it mentioned on our social media sites!
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, everybody!
      I don't even know if there's a jury or if it's put to a vote, but if the latter, you can bet that I will let you know!

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
      Moskus, one question for you. Do the toilet LEDs turn yellow and brown based on "input"?
      NO!

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Congratulations on a nice article. Don't be surprised if you see it mentioned on our social media sites!
      That is of course not a problem!

During the last few days, I've been contacted by users of different competing systems, like OpenHAB, Domoticz and even one using KNX. While they technically can achieve the same when it comes to lights and heating, the amount of work involved is, to my understanding, somewhat higher. This goes especially for touch screens.

Yes, we all know that HStouch isn't perfect (what is, really?), but think of what it can do: It will let you design your own screens with "minimal" effort. You want a button there? Then put it there!

These people have seen the video, and asked how I made that (apparently) well functioning touchscreen interface. Well, to be honest, I've been thinking for YEARS that I ought to redesign it, mainly because it's not so much designed as it is "place a lot of controls on a surface and then align the controls". Maximum availability, minimum design, really.

I think there are more glossy, "I-really-like-my-14-year-old-daughters-glammy-iPhone"-design touchscreen interfaces out there. But I don't think they are as userfriendly (yes! userfriendly!) as HStouch. Sure, I'd like integrated push notifications, vector graphics for better size adaption, and graphs for everything, but still.

My biggest problem with HStouch is that it's not possible to run it on Windows Mobile/Phone...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Added a translation of my setup to the first post.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
        X