Does your Homeseer have a name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    My wife and I are big Resident Evil fans and instead of calling our HA system "Red Queen" we just called it "Alice". We don't have the HS Speaker too active in our house yet, but eventually that's what we'll be using to prompt Homeseer.
    Mine is called Angela - that is the actual name of 'Red Queen'.

Comment

Martha. And we have no idea why!
      Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

I have always felt weird trying to give Homeseer a name, I've just left the attention phrase at the default of homeseer. Psychologically I think it's because I've spent so much time programming it that it is just a machine to me and talking to a machine makes me uncomfortable. On the other hand I call my sds hammer drill bertha (she's a beast) and my Neato robot vacuum Robbie (as in the robot). I may need counseling.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
          Mine is called Angela - that is the actual name of 'Red Queen'.
          Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
            I have always felt weird trying to give Homeseer a name, I've just left the attention phrase at the default of homeseer. Psychologically I think it's because I've spent so much time programming it that it is just a machine to me and talking to a machine makes me uncomfortable. On the other hand I call my sds hammer drill bertha (she's a beast) and my Neato robot vacuum Robbie (as in the robot). I may need counseling.
            Our iRobot is Vinnie the Vacuum

Comment

Seeing as I am Dave, I had to name mine HAL.

But I also have a Rosie (jetsons) my wife's computer, Jarvis (Iron man), Seven of nine (star trek), Gibson (Hackers) my Work computer and most powerful, and Azimov (after Isaak) my Media server.

Comment

If the voice was available, I'd call her GlaDOS.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

My children gave the house voice a name in the 1980's. They called the voice Diamond.

The bits of speech wasn't computer generated or mechanical in nature like the Commodore 64 speech I had been playing with.

One day I asked the maker / creator of the combination panel I was using where the voice came from.

He told me just recording bits of words that sounded OK once put together.

Today there are numerous voices in the home and the HS boxes are simply known as HS3 this or that.
                  Last edited by Pete; December 3, 2015, 10:24 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Mine is named Ananda. Ananda was the Buddha's attendant. He had a photographic memory. My ultimate goal is the have my system aware of and remember everything I do and that goes on here and to have a conversational interface to query the data.
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Cyclops.
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Very Nice thread! No name here yet. Wife often calls it "the system." Will have to add one when I eventually add full voice
                        Tom
                        baby steps...starting again with HS3
                        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I call Mine Beetlejuice, do to it's just a big SH!!!!, when it stops working. LOL

Comment

i just wanted to say i am really enjoying this thread!! thanks for contributing.
                            HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                            53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                            https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

R2-D2
                              stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by tommyd75 View Post
                                JARVIS is what I call mine, also have a British male voice to match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                May I ask which voice you use? Mine's name is JARVIS as well and I use a british male voice, but it doesn't really sound like JARVIS.

Comment

Working...
                                X