No announcement yet.

Does your Homeseer have a name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife named my HA efforts "Demon Seed" after the 1977 movie. But I've tried to move her to accept "Bunter" from the Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries. Unfortunately, after very failure, I get "Well, Demon Seed is back."

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
      My wife named my HA efforts "Demon Seed" after the 1977 movie. But I've tried to move her to accept "Bunter" from the Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries. Unfortunately, after very failure, I get "Well, Demon Seed is back."

Barry

What is it with wives hating home automation? They'll send you bungee jumping with the cord tied to your yarbles if you take their iPhone away but as soon as a computer turns the lights out in the play room because the kids, who never turn the lights off, haven't been in there for 20 minutes you need to start looking for a good attorney to hold your own against divorce proceedings?
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I use Ivona TTS the voice is Brian.
        Here's a link. You can choose the different voices and hear what they sound like.
        www.Ivona.com

Which one do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          What is it with wives hating home automation? They'll send you bungee jumping with the cord tied to your yarbles if you take their iPhone away but as soon as a computer turns the lights out in the play room because the kids, who never turn the lights off, haven't been in there for 20 minutes you need to start looking for a good attorney to hold your own against divorce proceedings?
          Hah so true...

[QUOTE=tommyd75;1212321]I use Ivona TTS the voice is Brian.
          Here's a link. You can choose the different voices and hear what they sound like.
          www.Ivona.com

Which one do you use?

I currently have nothing. No speach setup at all... but Julie is the voice I have... and my wife is Julie...sound not the same..

For issues I yell at Julie

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I like Zeus (Greek god of the sky) although I have better wake up recognition with multi syllable names.

Comment

I too am using Ivona. I use Kendra both on my phone and on the HS3 system. This adds continuity. My system has one voice. I have all manner of other voices. Until Ivona I found Cepstraal to be pretty good. Cepstraal isn't a patch on any of the Ivona voices though.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I don't know.... It's not just wives though. A while back I installed MythTV with tuners, HD capture, remote playback, storage, etc. While I was out of town it crashed and missed some recordings of my other half's shows.... I was read the riot act, threatened with unholy things if it ever happened again, and then the big threat of, "I'll just rip it out and go get DVR boxes from the cable company!"

My response was, "OK, I don't watch TV much anyway." I told him he could put whatever he wanted for TV, but to never ask me to fix it, program it, or answer questions when it didn't work right. I got the silent blinking stare for a while before he asked if I was serious, and I said yes. After that TV is all his, but we don't argue about other automation stuff anymore.
                HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

If I could get a sarcastic sounding male voice for Homeseer I would go back to DONKEY! as a wake up phrase. I was using AT&T Natural Voices in HS1 but now am using the stock one.

Comment

I dunno, mine always said that is was great "when it worked". but she didnt list Homeseer as a reason for the divorce.

ironically she was researching wifi thermostats for her new house so she must have likes some aspect of it.
                    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

HACI - Home Automation Computer Interface, pronounced "Hacky"
                      John
                      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                      Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                      HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Working...
                      X