How do you group your events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you group your events?

I upgraded from HS2 to HS3 quite some time ago, but only with some basic events due to lack of time to work on it. Now that I have more time, I'm trying to build it out fully and take advantage of new features.

My question is how do you personally group your events? Do you use group conditions and actions? In my second home (Zee S2) I have only a few events, mainly related to house occupancy and did use some group actions for the house becoming occupied or unoccupied. I'm curious though in a larger/primary home what others are doing.

I have connected thermostats, DSC security panel, lighting, motion sensors, some internal door sensors, security cameras (in progress), and a few other things. Planning on adding LED lighting and AV as well. I do NOT have LEDs installed in my toilets like Moskus recently showed...
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Room based in the main, so the lounge event group might have both media and lighting events. Then some additional events for admin, heating, HSTouch, presence etc that don't fit into room groups.

Make use of group conditions for lighting events (group condition being dark and at home) mainly...not many group actions though.

Comment

I base some on location where I might want to have a group action such as:
      lighting - bedroom 1
      lighting - bedroom 2
      lighting - kitchen
      lighting - living room
      etc

I also have groups for voice commands, email, blinds and security.

Comment

Here's mine. I do use group conditions a little...
        Attached Files
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

here is mine, or some of them
          Attached Files
          detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Second tip to sorting is to name events under this as 1, 2, 3. 01, 02, 03..... Makes it all looks better and easier to go back on.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
            Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Working...
            X