Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z Wave Europe - Questions

Hi,
    My X10 based HS2 system has worked well over the past few years but I am tending more and more to look at zwave.

I have purchased HS3 (very good offers from homeseer during their holiday season).

THe more I looked at zwave controller the more I get confused. Can someone tell me what is the best zwave controller to work with HS2 or HS3 for a european system (Irish)

My parameters are:

Have HS2 installed on an old XP PC. I use Comfort, RXCOM, BLRADR and X10. Works well but limited.

Will install HS2 and HS3 on new PC (I5, 4GB, Win 7 x64). I hope to use Jon00 connector to keep the comfort plugin going.

I want to start using zwave.
    What is the best controller?
    Any reccomendation where to purchase it.

Sorry for the long list of questions

Regs

Liam

the Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Stick is working great in Europe on HS3, I am planning to buy the Z-stick + shortly to see how this is working in the Netherlands

Comment

Originally posted by Redbull View Post
      the Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Stick is working great in Europe on HS3, I am planning to buy the Z-stick + shortly to see how this is working in the Netherlands
      I believe that Vesternet are looking to start supplying the Euro Z-Net device - I don't know when - you could give them a shout and ask.

Scott

Update:
      Vesternet are not stocking HS products due to lack of UK demand. HS have them in their shop but as pre-order. I have emailed them asking for an update.
      Last edited by ScottRennie; December 2, 2015, 08:21 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

The UZB Z-wave.me is also working great. It is a Z-wave plus controller available in the HS store but also directly in the UK and probably Ireland.

John

Comment

The UZB1 stick is the recommended one in my opinion. You cannot restore a backup to a Z-stick, which is a pretty strange decision by Aeon Labs.

I found the UZB1 to be quicker than Z-stick. But Z-NET is even faster.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. Would either or both of the following devices work with Homeser 3

http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-vision-usb-adapter

http://www.homebots.ie/product/aeotec-z-stick-s2/

Thanks

Liam.

Comment

Hi.

This will work better. :-) http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-me-usb-stick

But I think they will all work. I never tried a USB controller that didn't work.

Regards
              Morten

Comment

Morten's link is the one that Moskus and I are referring to, works with HS3 and is highly recommended.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  The UZB1 stick is the recommended one in my opinion. You cannot restore a backup to a Z-stick, which is a pretty strange decision by Aeon Labs.

I found the UZB1 to be quicker than Z-stick. But Z-NET is even faster.
                  +1
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Get the Z-Wave.me Euro stick or the Euro Z-NET. If you get anything else, your wife will leave you, your dog will die, your kids will join a weird cult and black mold will grow on your walls. Seriously... this happens every time!
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                      I believe that Vesternet are looking to start supplying the Euro Z-Net device - I don't know when - you could give them a shout and ask.

Scott

Update:
                      Vesternet are not stocking HS products due to lack of UK demand. HS have them in their shop but as pre-order. I have emailed them asking for an update.
                      HomeSeer Z-NET Remote EURO Z-Wave Interface available to order now for shipping next week. There's an S2 version which has HomeSeer HS3 built in as well as a z-wave controller

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                        Get the Z-Wave.me Euro stick or the Euro Z-NET. If you get anything else, your wife will leave you, your dog will die, your kids will join a weird cult and black mold will grow on your walls. Seriously... this happens every time!

Today I'm stuck at home with two sick kids, and I'm pretty tired after staying awake most of the night.

Thanks for this, I needed a laugh!
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                        X