Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Condition with a Range for at least 1 minute

Hello,

I'm trying to setup an event to alert me when the consumption on a device drops long enough to decide the laundry is done. In a previous howto thread Spud mentioned the notion of using a condition of "The device has been/for at least exactly..." with a range of [0,2] and set for 1 minute. I've tried to do this but it seems to never evaluate as true, even when the consumption on the device drops to 1 watt. There is no range option so I've set the value input to be "[0,2]" but the UI just displays a 0, so I'm not sure if that's legal...

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Ben

Originally posted by HaveADay View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to setup an event to alert me when the consumption on a device drops long enough to decide the laundry is done. In a previous howto thread Spud mentioned the notion of using a condition of "The device has been/for at least exactly..." with a range of [0,2] and set for 1 minute. I've tried to do this but it seems to never evaluate as true, even when the consumption on the device drops to 1 watt. There is no range option so I've set the value input to be "[0,2]" but the UI just displays a 0, so I'm not sure if that's legal...

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Ben
    You should be able to get a range with Spud's plug-in, you cannot get a range with the standard HomeSeer device triggers. The problem with the HomeSeer trigger is that each time the value is "set" (even if that is always 0), the Last Changed time/date is reset, so the value timer is always being reset. There is a box in the device: "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" that might fix that problem.

Before the Easy Trigger plug-in I used a timer and events like these:

I had to use extra events for the washing machine because it has dwell periods during the cycle as it is filling with water or soaking and the current is very low.

Here is a screenshot using the Easy Trigger (not a homeSeer "This device has been" trigger) plug-in that should work.
    Attached Files
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy,

Thanks, you made the part clear that I was missing. I didn't realize the easy trigger plug-in even existed and that's what Spud was referring to. Now it all makes sense.

Much appreciated
      Ben

Comment

Working...
      X