No announcement yet.

HS Alexa Skill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I think the api is ultimately the way to go, I have been using IFTTT to trigger events and works really well. I'll convert to api when they get it working

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

I'm not familiar with IFTTT. Is there a chance you can explain or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
      Marcel

Comment

I figured it out will try later today but first impression is that I like what I see.

Thanks
        Marcel

Comment

I'm getting very reasonable response through IFTTT MOST of the time. Every now and then, it might take 10 seconds. Again, look at this as temporary solution until HS and Amazon get their act together.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

I have voice control working well with the Echo API, probably near 95% reliable. I can control all of my zwave lights, thermostat, Kodi and Global Cache IR for my audio and TV. I am using HS3 linux version .280 and API v2.

Comment

I installed IFTTT last night and must say I'm impressed. Finally after messing with voice recognition for several years something that works for me. I only tested it for a short time but the hit rate is in the high 90's. I can live with the delay.

I have tried the Alexa api before but that also didn't work for me even with an expensive array microphone. Maybe it is my Dutch accent that is the problem, lol. Anyways Alexa has no issues with my voice recognition and IFTTT seems to work great.

Thanks
              Marcel

Comment

Working...
              X