IFTTT/Homeseer Authentication Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT/Homeseer Authentication Problem

I just received my Echo and wanted to use IFTTT. Echo Works fine, I set up an IFTTT account, but when I attempt to authenticate on the Homeseer login requested by IFTTT using my MyHS user name and password, I get a message that "session has expired, authentication required, will be redirected...". I am using the same UN/PW that I have always used to log into HS, I have the latest HS version (208), have not changed anything in HS and can log in to HS remotely using the same UN/PW. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I too am having this issue!

How did you fix it?

Session Expired. Authentication required. You will be redirected in 5 seconds...

HS3 .298
    MyHS account setup and it works as I can login remotely but not through IFTTT.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Do you have :
      Tools > Setup > Network tab > Remote Control Settings > Enable control using JSON checked?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yep, I sure do. Thanks!

The way I fixed it was to get the account linked in from another page in IFTTT - adding a recipe.

It fails from on the IFTTT page where you add the Homeseer skill itself.

It is moot though... I was only adding IFTTT for Alexa but, with the new Alexa skill, I can't see IFTTT required.
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Working...
        X