on/off wireless button for holiday lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on/off wireless button for holiday lights

Ok so curious if anyone has a good recommendation for an on/off button wireless for holiday lights.

Wife has allowed me to use HS to control the outside lights but indoors no way. And I understand that... dont need xmas tree lights on when not home.

so I do have an x10 alarm that has push buttons but was thinking something maybe wireless that I can sticky to the inside of a kitchen cabinet (where all our tupperware and junk is anyway) and have a simple.. push and all on.. or push and all of... or rocker style...

x10, rfx or zwave ....
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

what about one of these?
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/Hand...motes-C56.aspx

Comment

Have you considered using your phone and the HSTouch app. The default myhomeseer page is pretty easy to navigate. I think you could get to Xmas lights in 3 button presses.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

For fast access on my shone I use DO Button and IFTTT this way you turn on your phone and press a widget and the lights turn On/Off. I use it for heating triggers to when I do not want to open HSTouch.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

I'd consider using the Do app on a phone with IFTTT. A very simple, quick interface for the wife on her phone. Open the Do app, and she hits the button.
          HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

well i guess i need to elaborate...

this isnt for me..

for wife.... so has to be planned thoroughly...

this is the person that when buying a vehicle was like.. oh bluetooth for phone control... cool... and never used it. having a fitbit the other day she calls me and is like.. hey the phone is going through the truck!!!! i was like.. yeah i paired your phone over 2yrs ago and your NOW using it!!!!

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I use these:

this can trigger zwave or HS3 events: Aeon Labs DSA03202 v1 - Z-Wave Minimote
              http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KU7ERAW/...FO3U7OIS&psc=1
              http://store.homeseer.com/store/Aeon...rol-P1174.aspx

then i have some of these: outdoor zwave
              http://store.homeseer.com/store/GE-1...ule-P1894.aspx

and one of these on the outside of the house: zwave socket
              http://store.homeseer.com/store/Line...cle-P1619.aspx

then an event that switches it all on at sunset and off at 10:30ish.

Raptor
              Last edited by Raptor; December 11, 2015, 11:34 AM.
              HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
              53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
              https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

The mini mote is available form the HomeSeer store as well.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

X10 KR15a works fine for me. (Big Red button)

Neil
                  Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    The mini mote is available form the HomeSeer store as well.
                    true but not for 24usd. i try to post homeseer store links where i can if the prices are the same.
                    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Here all my Christmas lighting is on X10.

I do test it with a wireless X10 keypad connected to a W800. Works fine.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Here all my Christmas lighting is on X10.

I do test it with a wireless X10 keypad connected to a W800. Works fine.
                        me too pete... i cant vouch to put zwave in and get that device into my network then remove it...

hmm well stuff for me to think about.. maybe next halloween/xmas ill have an echo and use that and just voice vs a physical device...

thx for thoughts guys i may still try one of them...

the red button.. would be the simplest

Comment

... i cant vouch to put zwave in and get that device into my network then remove it...

Here relating to Insteon, Z-Wave and UPB used for Christmas decorations I would just leave them online using power strips. Removing them and configuring them was a PITA.

Now just pack the X10 switches with the Christmas decorations.

Today the X10 stuff sits in a Tupperware box with extensions and stuff.

Many many years ago (in Chicago) when my wife was very young (6); the family Christmas tree was on 24/7 for a couple of weeks before Christmas. Sometime in the middle of the night (morning) one year the tree caught on fire. Everyone was sleeping in the house. My wife's father (he has been dead a long time now) got the three kids out of the house but did get some major burns doing that. The house did burn down right and my wife and her sisters spent Christmas and lived with family until their home was rebuilt. Wife was 6 at the time and still remembers. Guessing it was a real dry tree with old fashioned incandescent hot bulbs.

Here we have gone from about 25 Christmas decorations Tupperware boxes to now about 6. Tree is one of those all put together with LED lamps and decorations built in on an X10 appliance switch. Used to be much more. IE: have the old family's Sears toboggan (it is big) and I used to decorate it for Christmas. Now its really just too big to get from the attic.

Yes; the Amazon Echo will do that for you. It is plug n play.

Here I mostly just stared at the Amazon monolith Echo Box for a bit before starting to play with it.

I didn't know I could do on line searches of the Chicago Tribune.

Here is a clip of the front page dated December 25, 1960.

I shrink it down a bit to fit.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Pete; December 11, 2015, 08:23 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

+1 for the MiniMote. We have a handful around the house. I have two paired with HomeSeer and ready for things such as holiday lights. For Christmas we have one attached inside the kitchen cabinets with Velcro. Events turn the tree and outside lights on and off with Jasco outdoor switch modules. A short press of MiniMote button 1 turns the tree on, a long press turns it off. Same with button 2 and the outside lights.

I have a set of events built with triggers for all eight functions of each of the two spare remotes,all I do is add actions to the events and enable them when needed.

We have MiniMotes on each side of our bed, in my office, my wife's office, the living room, the media room and the spare bedroom. When the house is going to sleep for the night, it is announced 10 minutes prior and a press of button 1 on any remote cancels it. A long press of button 4 in any room other than the living room or media room will put the house to sleep. 3 or more rapid presses (within 3 seconds) of any button on either of the bedroom MiniMotes enters "panic" mode and turns on lights in every room in the house and all of the outside flood lighting.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I also really like the minimotes. We have three -- each of our nightstands, and in my office.

Comment

Working...
                              X