Time to see the Christmas Lights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to see the Christmas Lights...

Haven't seen any seen any posts about Christmas lights controlled with HomeSeer yet this year, so I figured I'd start one up.

Outside:
    4 - z-wave outdoor modules control the entire front yard, house and detached garage (about 5,000 lights)

Lights automatically turn on at 7:50am and off at 8:15am, so the lights are on when my daughter is out waiting for the bus. (3rd grade)

Lights come back on 1/2 before dusk and then shut back off at 10:00pm

Inside:
    6 - z-wave modules (tree, big village, little villages, various other decorations)

All decorations are controlled with z-wave modules and turn on 1/2 before dusk and off at 10:00 pm. Additionally, have logic to know if we are home or not. That way the lights are only on if we are here and automatically come on when someone gets home or shut off if we leave.
    Attached Files
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Looking good. I love those Christmas villages. How much of your home can you control with those solar panels?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp. The solar panels are suppose to make up to 80% of the power the house needs but in my case I run a wood shop out of my garage. That takes up way more than the panels can put out. It's still a nice savings each month though.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Very nice Bryan.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Very, very nice - so much work went into it. I just have white icicles on the gutter, white leds around the windows and doors and xmas tree with white light no decorations. I have them all on zwave enabled plugs and it is great - the come on at sunset (thanks HS for making that variable available and go off at 9:30). You all up there in New Hampshwa need some snow on the ground. Just joking with the NH crack, couldn't resist. Though a bit of snow would be nice these days.

Completely off topic but did you get your panels through the solarizeMA program - I did and man was it a great deal. Not sure when you got your panels, if you have been through the seasons yet, but I make excess from March - November and then pull from Eversource throughout the winter.

Comment

Wow, that is some nice detail.
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
                Completely off topic but did you get your panels through the solarizeMA program - I did and man was it a great deal. Not sure when you got your panels, if you have been through the seasons yet, but I make excess from March - November and then pull from Eversource throughout the winter.
                We went through Vivint Solar. Second year with them installed. With the woodshop going 6 days a week, we never get a credit. But it still helps.
                Bryan

Comment

Working...
                X