Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any easy way to get HS3 to read aloud incoming emails via a speaker client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any easy way to get HS3 to read aloud incoming emails via a speaker client?

I set up an gmail email address for my home that I would like homeseer to read the contents of(including sender info) immediately upon receiving it. I have sonos as my client working correctly when I force homeseer to read something, but I'm stuck on anything beyond that.

I see Jon has a decent add on, but I kind of want to use the homeseer scripts instead of maintaining a third party app. Anything I can copy and paste to make this happen? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You are a bit stuck because HS3 has no trigger for a new event from *any* email received, only specific addresses or some sort of regex pattern matching which I never got to work. I logged bug 2975 asking for this to be added but no response. I have a separate script that monitors my GMail account but that is not ideal because it only reads unread emails rather than new ones.

Comment

Have you tried jon00's email? I don't have a home phone and wanted an easy way to text or email the house that makes an announcement if family member's phones are off. Anything else I can try?

Comment

What do you want to know?
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          What do you want to know?
          Oh, hey! Can I expect gmail support, reads/speaks emails as they come in, custom rules for senders/message content? Thanks.

Comment

I have managed to get something to work with HS's own actions now I think, there does appear to be the option to trigger by any email sender (not sure if this is a recent thing I can't remember it) and in the subject/body of the email enter (.*?) in the box and tick regular expression. That should match everything so the email triggers with anything new that comes in.

Unfortunately with one fix comes another bug, the only replacement variable in the documentation to talk about email is $from which should be the email address of the last email received but it simply returns unknown.

Unfortunately I can't also get the hs.mailfrom/hs.mailsubject/hs.mailto etc commands to work either so you can't use a scripting command either.

Bug 1500 seems to relate to the same - http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1500

Comment

Originally posted by Riverhawk View Post
              Oh, hey! Can I expect gmail support, reads/speaks emails as they come in, custom rules for senders/message content? Thanks.

As I'm about to retire for the night, download the package, read the docs and see if it is suitable. There is scripting support so you can do what you want if you don't like the built in features.
              Jon

Comment

Jon00 email package 1++++++!!!
                Hector
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

+1 for Jon00's email package, I use it to read an email from a weather warning address, and then use regex to pull the important bit into a string which then gets spoken across TTS.
                  HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
                  X