No announcement yet.

Aeon Multisensor 6 in-wall/in-ceiling mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note that electrical code isn't an issue, because this is low voltage wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
      Note that electrical code isn't an issue, because this is low voltage wiring.
      Well... you need a power outlet to plug the usb hub. I think outlets in an attic are allowed, but they are not allowed if they are hidden in the ceiling behind drywall.

Comment

In my house I have a single 12-volt power supply in the basement. I distribute the 12-volts throughout the house. It powers LED illuminators for CCTV, PWM for LED strips and where I need 5-volts for a few multi-sensors I use DC-DC converters. Everything from the basement to the attic, indoors and out is powered by the one supply, except Arduinos which are powered by POE from the network switch. Even the attic lighting is LED, so I don't need any house current outlets or lights up there.

The 12-volt supply is current limited at 10 amps, but there are a few 5-amp PTCs on the runs for good measure. With everything connected and the LED strips at full brightness it runs as much as 7 amps. The attic lighting is about 3.5 amps. Nominally the power supply runs at about 2-3 amps.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by etobian View Post
          Well... you need a power outlet to plug the usb hub. I think outlets in an attic are allowed, but they are not allowed if they are hidden in the ceiling behind drywall.
          In the US everywhere I've seen outlets in the attic are no problem with regards to code compliance. My builder installed one as standard practice next to a light and switch. I will probably install a few more outlets up there (code compliant) so that I don't have long AC cords running up there.
          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I had my builder install outlets in the attic, above each room.
            I also had my low voltage guy run cat 6 to each of the same locations.
            Now I can connect just about any home automation device up in the ceiling without worry.

Comment

Working...
            X