replied
    Many thanks this helped search thru my browser

"Insert search topic" site:board.homeseer.com

Devoir

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
    Maybe I'm an outlier, but I keep my browser pretty much totally in the dark about what I've done in the past. No history, no cookies, no trackers. If there is a security setting I can turn on, I do. It does make web browsing a bit more work, but it has pretty much eliminated targeted ads.
    Yes, good point! That makes a lot of sense.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    In Chrome when I start typing "Site:board.homeseer.com..." In the address bar the auto-complete finds my last HS search. . .
    Maybe I'm an outlier, but I keep my browser pretty much totally in the dark about what I've done in the past. No history, no cookies, no trackers. If there is a security setting I can turn on, I do. It does make web browsing a bit more work, but it has pretty much eliminated targeted ads.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    I just realized something that should have been obvious, but clearly wasn't. I followed one of the links that Randy posted to a Google search of the HS Board, and I saved it to my FF bookmarks bar. Now, all I have to do to search the board is to click on the link and substitute the text I want to look for in place of the terms in the link!

In Chrome when I start typing "Site:board.homeseer.com..." In the address bar the auto-complete finds my last HS search and I just edit the search terms on the end. Same idea.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    I just realized something that should have been obvious, but clearly wasn't. I followed one of the links that Randy posted to a Google search of the HS Board, and I saved it to my FF bookmarks bar. Now, all I have to do to search the board is to click on the link and substitute the text I want to look for in place of the terms in the link!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    You already have links to instructions for searching the board with Google. I still think it's worth the trouble to create a list of links to helpful threads. I have been doing that for years, and it's very likely that Randy got to those links from his own list of helpful posts. I find that it is useful to review my list occasionally as well. Usually I come across a piece of wisdom that I've forgotten.
    I probably should keep a list I use a Google search to find even my own posts. Someday I'll get organized.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by devoir View Post
    While I appreciate all the effort the team is put into this site I would like to request and Enhanced search engine for terms here when I type things and I cannot in many instances find phrases or simple terms yet those terms are in post and forums that I search search.

Example DNS

Example Duplicate addresses

I find myself having to create my own catalog of bookmarks to find post that have excellent teaching examples because they are so difficult to find again

Many thanks for all you've done for this forum

PS any typos are siri's fault

devoir
    An enhanced Google search should work :
    search terms site:board.homeseer.com

This works for any site on the WWW.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by devoir View Post
    I find myself having to create my own catalog of bookmarks to find post that have excellent teaching examples because they are so difficult to find again
    You already have links to instructions for searching the board with Google. I still think it's worth the trouble to create a list of links to helpful threads. I have been doing that for years, and it's very likely that Randy got to those links from his own list of helpful posts. I find that it is useful to review my list occasionally as well. Usually I come across a piece of wisdom that I've forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Here is a post explaining how to leverage Google for searches. There is also a link to punctuation and symbols that can be used in search terms.

An example of one of the terms you were looking for would be this

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...e+addresses%22

-or-

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...te%2Baddresses

Leave a comment:

• Bill Brower
    replied
    Sometimes it is better to search the board from Google. Google "homeseer.com" and whatever other words you want.

Leave a comment:

• devoir
    started a topic HSome seer search

HSome seer search

While I appreciate all the effort the team is put into this site I would like to request and Enhanced search engine for terms here when I type things and I cannot in many instances find phrases or simple terms yet those terms are in post and forums that I search search.

Example DNS

Example Duplicate addresses

Many thanks for all you've done for this forum

PS any typos are siri's fault

devoir
Working...
X