HELP zwave network crashing - Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP zwave network crashing - Solution!

My zwave has been rock solid till this morning, now 1/2 my lights dotn respond or report back, im getting tonnes of these errors.::

Dec-20 12:59:06 Z-Wave Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Power received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=42/-1

Dec-20 12:59:00 Z-Wave Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Power received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=31/-1
    Dec-20 12:58:56 Z-Wave Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Power received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=42/-1
    Dec-20 12:58:50 Z-Wave Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Power received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=31/-1

Dec-20 12:58:46 Z-Wave Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Power received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=42/-1

I have re optimized, and run all the re routing options available. Anyone got an idea on what my next step is or where the issue may lie?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

One of your devices is reporting, but the device cant be found in the interface and/or HS. If you know what node 2 is, you can just do a rescan. If you're not sure what node 2 is, it becomes an easter egg hunt to find all of your energy devices to see which one needs to be re-added.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

did that, node 2 is a thermostat, should i try powering it down and see if i can route around it?
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

My bad. I misread the error message. The nodes are 42 and 31. They are likely power reporting devices.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I added a new device this morning and was seeing similar issues when I tried to set the settings on the Z-wave device. I was on the beta (.1.53). I downgraded to the released version and it seems ok now.

Comment

Thats, i also had the beta, backed it off to the regular one .

now i get these messages:

Z-Wave Warning Z-Wave Multilevel Sensor device Apartment power data dishwasher switch watts now is missing Sensor Type information - cannot update sensor status.

any idea on how to fix this, both of the zwave units are aeon labs in line power switches with reporting

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
              Thats, i also had the beta, backed it off to the regular one .

now i get these messages:

Z-Wave Warning Z-Wave Multilevel Sensor device Apartment power data dishwasher switch watts now is missing Sensor Type information - cannot update sensor status.

any idea on how to fix this, both of the zwave units are aeon labs in line power switches with reporting
              Try re-scanning the devices, that fixed it for me way back.

Comment

Tried that, this is what im getting, UGH pulling hair out right now,
                Attached Files

Comment

Can you do a "Test Connectivity on a Network " under Z-wave CONTROLLER Page. What does it show?
                  Tom
                  baby steps...starting again with HS3
                  HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                  HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                  Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                  In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                  System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Is your Z-Net reachable? You probably have, but just in case, bounced the Z-Net and your HS machine.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Is your Z-Net reachable? You probably have, but just in case, bounced the Z-Net and your HS machine.
                      yes some buttons ans switches work some don't and it all seems random as to what works at what time

Comment

This is what i get . yet some traffic gets though
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                          This is what i get . yet some traffic gets though
                          THis could be interference or bad device taking down the network. I believe the best way to troubleshoot it to turn off all the breakers except the ones with your Z-NET and homeseer and keep turning them on testing for reliable network until you find the bad device.

Someone may have a better idea. Just rebooting all the devices via your breakers might cure it too.

Comment

Same thing happed to me. What version of z-net are you on? Did you update to .17 recently?

This is what I did:
                            You may need to do total reset of the interface. Supposedly there are rare cases where the routing can get all messed up and the interface locks up. To do a reset, first back up the network using the back up option in the Z-Wave controller management page. Then do a restore. The restore will do a total erase of the interface, then restore all the nodes. At this point the routing table is empty, then do a would do a node connectivity test first and see if the interface can communicate with all your nodes( Might not). If so, don't bother to optimize. If NOT, then run the optimize until the node connectivity succeeds.

I still got a couple of errors after this, but it time it worked it self out.
                            Tom
                            baby steps...starting again with HS3
                            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Thanks, trying that now....

Comment

Working...
                              X