No announcement yet.

HELP zwave network crashing - Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What version of z-net are you on? And did you update it recently?

Sent from my iPhone
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

THANK YOU !!

This is what I did:
      You may need to do total reset of the interface. Supposedly there are rare cases where the routing can get all messed up and the interface locks up. To do a reset, first back up the network using the back up option in the Z-Wave controller management page. Then do a restore. The restore will do a total erase of the interface, then restore all the nodes. At this point the routing table is empty, then do a would do a node connectivity test first and see if the interface can communicate with all your nodes( Might not). If so, don't bother to optimize. If NOT, then run the optimize until the node connectivity succeeds.
      That seems to have fixed it right up. as we all know when your system goes down its very frustrating

thanks again
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out.

You might take this opportunity to shut everything down and take a good backup of everything and store them in a folder like "Good Working System YYYYMMDD" or something to that effect.

If possible, you should consider making an image of your Z-Net. I have images of mine when it was factory-new and a couple of times when it was working along the way.

In fact, I'm going to do the same to mine now
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

If possible, you should consider making an image of your Z-Net. I have images of mine when it was factory-new and a couple of times when it was working along the way.
          yep did the same thing when it was new, dealt with pi's before and know they can sometimes scramble the memory card
          detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Just trying to find if there is a pattern here with these questions. Could you let me know about these.

What version of z-net are you on?
            And did you update it recently?
            How long ago did you update z-wave plugin?

Sent from my iPhone
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

What version of z-net are you on?
              And did you update it recently?
              How long ago did you update z-wave plugin?
              Z-NET Configuration - Version 1.0.17

updated about 3 weeks ago

z-wave packege humm, i usually check for updates weekly, i had used the beta version for a while to get the panic button working.

Comment

Working...
              X