• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• collegeboyslive
    replied
    What version of z-net are you on?
    And did you update it recently?
    How long ago did you update z-wave plugin?
    Z-NET Configuration - Version 1.0.17

updated about 3 weeks ago

z-wave packege humm, i usually check for updates weekly, i had used the beta version for a while to get the panic button working.

Leave a comment:

• TomTom
    replied
    Just trying to find if there is a pattern here with these questions. Could you let me know about these.

What version of z-net are you on?
    And did you update it recently?
    How long ago did you update z-wave plugin?

Sent from my iPhone

Leave a comment:

• collegeboyslive
    replied
    If possible, you should consider making an image of your Z-Net. I have images of mine when it was factory-new and a couple of times when it was working along the way.
    yep did the same thing when it was new, dealt with pi's before and know they can sometimes scramble the memory card

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Glad you got it sorted out.

You might take this opportunity to shut everything down and take a good backup of everything and store them in a folder like "Good Working System YYYYMMDD" or something to that effect.

If possible, you should consider making an image of your Z-Net. I have images of mine when it was factory-new and a couple of times when it was working along the way.

In fact, I'm going to do the same to mine now

Leave a comment:

• collegeboyslive
    replied
    THANK YOU !!

This is what I did:
    You may need to do total reset of the interface. Supposedly there are rare cases where the routing can get all messed up and the interface locks up. To do a reset, first back up the network using the back up option in the Z-Wave controller management page. Then do a restore. The restore will do a total erase of the interface, then restore all the nodes. At this point the routing table is empty, then do a would do a node connectivity test first and see if the interface can communicate with all your nodes( Might not). If so, don't bother to optimize. If NOT, then run the optimize until the node connectivity succeeds.
    That seems to have fixed it right up. as we all know when your system goes down its very frustrating

thanks again

Leave a comment:

• TomTom
    replied
    What version of z-net are you on? And did you update it recently?

Sent from my iPhone

Leave a comment:

• collegeboyslive
    replied
    Thanks, trying that now....

Leave a comment:

• TomTom
    replied
    Same thing happed to me. What version of z-net are you on? Did you update to .17 recently?

This is what I did:
    You may need to do total reset of the interface. Supposedly there are rare cases where the routing can get all messed up and the interface locks up. To do a reset, first back up the network using the back up option in the Z-Wave controller management page. Then do a restore. The restore will do a total erase of the interface, then restore all the nodes. At this point the routing table is empty, then do a would do a node connectivity test first and see if the interface can communicate with all your nodes( Might not). If so, don't bother to optimize. If NOT, then run the optimize until the node connectivity succeeds.

I still got a couple of errors after this, but it time it worked it self out.

Leave a comment:

• kevini
    replied
    Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
    This is what i get . yet some traffic gets though
    THis could be interference or bad device taking down the network. I believe the best way to troubleshoot it to turn off all the breakers except the ones with your Z-NET and homeseer and keep turning them on testing for reliable network until you find the bad device.

Someone may have a better idea. Just rebooting all the devices via your breakers might cure it too.

Leave a comment:

• collegeboyslive
    replied
    This is what i get . yet some traffic gets though
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• collegeboyslive
    replied
    Is your Z-Net reachable? You probably have, but just in case, bounced the Z-Net and your HS machine.
    yes some buttons ans switches work some don't and it all seems random as to what works at what time

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Is your Z-Net reachable? You probably have, but just in case, bounced the Z-Net and your HS machine.

Leave a comment:

• TomTom
    replied
    Can you do a "Test Connectivity on a Network " under Z-wave CONTROLLER Page. What does it show?

Leave a comment:

• collegeboyslive
    replied
    Tried that, this is what im getting, UGH pulling hair out right now,
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kevini
    replied
    Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
    Thats, i also had the beta, backed it off to the regular one .

now i get these messages:

Z-Wave Warning Z-Wave Multilevel Sensor device Apartment power data dishwasher switch watts now is missing Sensor Type information - cannot update sensor status.

any idea on how to fix this, both of the zwave units are aeon labs in line power switches with reporting
    Try re-scanning the devices, that fixed it for me way back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X