This is how homeseer geeks celebrate Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how homeseer geeks celebrate Christmas

May your HA systems work without a glitch these holidays...
    Attached Files
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Nice, very nice!!

Sent from my iPhone
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Oddly enough, the one piece of my HA equipment that DIDN'T work as I wanted it to this holiday season was my Nest thermostat! I was hot enough for us to turn on the A/C for our guests and i was really missing a proper "hold" function. I had 2 choices:

1) Change the schedule (Which means I would have to change it back after our guests left that day), or
        2) Check periodically if the scheduler had kicked in and changed the temp (we normally have the A/C set higher than we wanted it to be).

I don't yet have my Nest tied into Homeseer, but I really would think that a "smart thermostat", would support a feature like "Hold" for those times when you are doing something out of your normal "schedule".

I'm gonna investigate the ecobee3 to see if that's any better in this regard.

Comment

I have the spuds nest plugin and have thought about how to add a hold function. I agree - same issue here on Christmas eve. I'm thinking of maybe setting up a virtual device called "AC Hold" that when "on" will trigger an event to lower the temp and set to cool then have another event that checks if the device has just changed and if so then re-set the values to the lower temp and cool - that would put it back to cool if a nest schedule turns off the AC.

Comment

I deliberately stayed away from SMART thermostats, making the SMART part code within homeseer, otherwise you basically have 2 brains fighting over the thermostat control. like 2 kids.

A really basic stat with zwave control and homeseer is really all the smarts you need, couple the ifttt app and it can adjust your heat / cooling if your home or away, when you leave work , different setting baised on the weather and temp outside. ect.ect
            detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Working...
            X