fibaro relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fibaro relay

Can anybody help, trying to learn a fibaro relay onto a homeseer s6 with a zwave.me usb, I'm a newbie.....many thanks in advance...just a week old using the system an still finding my way around...

You need to go into the ZWave interface page, click controller management, click down on the interface and look in the actions drop down. Then click Add/Include a node, wake the device up (think you have to press the button three times in quick succession) and press start.

Leave it there and see if it finds the node and starts importing it (the box will fill with data), it can sometimes be a bit slow so don't rush.

The Z-Wave plugin has a useful help file with a lot of information in, it is there if you click on the bottom option below Node Information.

Comment

thank you

Hi, thank you, just the pointer I needed and have now added some devices to homeseer menu, I have now read plenty of documentation in the z wave help area, I could do with some examples how to configure all the menus to communicate with devices, I have a fabaro motion detector and at the moment I'm working with a fibaro 2 input binary switch and a fabaro 500w dimmer , I would like the motion to cause the switch to change state from off to on, are there examples on the internet, as you can imagine for a newbie its a bit mind boggling until you get the pointers and get in the rythm, many thanks in advance....

Comment

Originally posted by dukspi View Post
        Hi, thank you, just the pointer I needed and have now added some devices to homeseer menu, I have now read plenty of documentation in the z wave help area, I could do with some examples how to configure all the menus to communicate with devices, I have a fabaro motion detector and at the moment I'm working with a fibaro 2 input binary switch and a fabaro 500w dimmer , I would like the motion to cause the switch to change state from off to on, are there examples on the internet, as you can imagine for a newbie its a bit mind boggling until you get the pointers and get in the rythm, many thanks in advance....
        This is likely where you will want to get into an events (you can do direct associations with Z-Wave but I would leave that alone), that is a huge topic in itself and worthwhile you look in the HS3 Event Clinic forum.

Essentially you are likely to have a motion sensor device that changes from motion/no motion when your motion sensor detects motion. HS3's event engine is a simple If...Then type setup and you will do something like "If Motion Sensor Kitchen Changes To Motion Then Kitchen Light On". If you go into the events page and create a basic event then you should start by the looking at the options in the drop down which defaults on 'The Time Is...'. Your actions are what ends up at the end of the trigger, that is going to be the light being turned on/dimmed/turned off etc.

Comment

Hi that's great thank you for your help, I've looked at the menu and I'm trying some 'if and then' statements, I'll do some trials in the morning, the software and setup is awesome, back in the early 80's I use to play with machine code and electronics and this home-seer stuff is much easier, I'm really looking forward to fitting some z wave items such as a motion detector and switches..I also have a z wave heating kit, I'll be completing a step by step approach and get the switches working first, I have tomorrow free so fingers crossed I'll have a dimmer switch fitted with a motion detector...

Comment

Working...
          X