Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fibaro dimmer 2 Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how it looks when I included another Dimmer2 today.
    Attached Files

Comment

following your suggestions, this is what I did

1.New HS3 Install
      2.Update the newest beta z-wave from the updater
      3.Install Aeon Labs USB Stick Gen 5

and the result...is... I'm running out of ideas
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        Looking at your log file, it appears you are using an old (non Gen5) controller. This could well be the reason why the newer Gen5 devices are not including.

As HaPe says, updating the the latest beta of the Z-Wave plug-in may also be beneficial.

Paul..
        Could be wrong but I don't think all Fibaro Home Center boxes have new Gen5
        controllers installed to support Dimmer 2 ...it's just a thought

Comment

At this stage I'm guessing that for some reason HS3 doesn't support this device. May be worthwhile to open up a Bugzilla ticket or give HST a phone call.

Comment

I do find it quite odd that a dimmer requires security. Is there any chance the product is defective?

Comment

Originally posted by 1021 View Post
              following your suggestions, this is what I did

1.New HS3 Install
              2.Update the newest beta z-wave from the updater
              3.Install Aeon Labs USB Stick Gen 5

and the result...is... I'm running out of ideas
              Given the fact that you are using an Aeon stick, are you adding the node to the stick then using the import and scan feature in HS3 or are you using the add node feature directly from within HS3?

As I understand it, all Gen5 devices have an optional security layer but if you add the node directly from within HS3 using the add node non secure feature then the security layer is bypassed. Not using the security layer also reduces the traffic on a network as the devices don't have the extra overhead of processing the security layer whenever they want to communicate.

As a test, is it possible to get the Dimmer 2 in close proximity to the USB stick, exclude it then try to include it using the Add/Include a Node Non Secure feature from the controller management page?

Paul..

Comment

Why does HS wanna add 2 devices? Are you trying to add more than 1 device at the same time?
                If not, then I think the dimmer is broken!

Comment

Thanks guys for the follow up. Paul I have tried both features the one with import node from controller and scan devices in HS3 as well as add include node and add include node non-secure features. Originally I was using raspberry pi with HS3 on it with Aeon Labs USB Gen2 and then Gen5 Then I moved to windows based HS3 using both sticks. Nothing worked.

"As a test, is it possible to get the Dimmer 2 in close proximity to the USB stick, exclude it then try to include it using the Add/Include a Node Non Secure feature from the controller management page?"

Paul could do me a big favor and explain in steps your above statement? Maybe I am doing something silly but I do not understand the above suggestion of yours. You want me to exclude dimmer from the stick and add it into homeseer without the stick?

Comment

Thanks guys for the follow up. Paul I have tried both features the one with import node from controller and scan devices in HS3 as well as add include node and add include node non-secure features. Originally I was using raspberry pi with HS3 on it with Aeon Labs USB Gen2 and then Gen5 Then I moved to windows based HS3 using both sticks. Nothing worked.

"As a test, is it possible to get the Dimmer 2 in close proximity to the USB stick, exclude it then try to include it using the Add/Include a Node Non Secure feature from the controller management page?"

Paul could do me a big favor and explain in steps your above statement? Maybe I am doing something silly but I do not understand the above suggestion of yours. You want me to exclude dimmer from the stick and add it into homeseer without the stick?
                    Assuming you're not trying to preserve an existing network with lots of nodes and this is just a test system.

Aeon Z-Stick (Gen5) is connected to a running instance of Homeseer / Z-Wave Plug-in.

On the controller management page, select Erase this Interface and Create a New Network. This will reset the controller and remove all nodes.

Leave the stick connected to Homeseer and bring the Fibaro Dimmer 2 close to the Z-Stick (within 3 metres) if possible.

On the controller management page, select Remove / Exclude a node and click start.

Press quickly 3 times the button on the Dimmer 2. You should see some entries in the log window showing the exclusion procedure.

Once the exclusion procedure has finished, click close then select Add / Include a Node Non secure and click start.

Press quickly 3 times the button on the Dimmer 2.

Paul..

Comment

Hi Guys

Paul your suggestion and explanation finally did the trick.Thank you very much

I must have missed something in the manual because this is the first time when I am adding Z-wave devices with the USB stick inserted and placed in the USB port.

Paul what do you think? Is this solution related to just this product? I thought that the idea of USB stick was to be able to remove it while you are adding the devices.

I am assuming that from now on with 20 "Fibaro guys" every time I have to exclude them first so that I can include them later, right? This is weird.
                      And secondly I have to keep the USB stick permanently attached to HS server.

Anyway thanks for your help I am relieved that there is a solution

Comment

Hi Guys

I must have missed something in the manual because this is the first time when I am adding Z-wave devices with the USB stick inserted and placed in the USB port.

Paul what do you think? Is this solution related to just this product? I thought that the idea of USB stick was to be able to remove it while you are adding the devices.

I am assuming that from now on with 20 "Fibaro guys" every time I have to exclude them first so that I can include them later, right? This is weird.

For security devices, you can't just use the stick by itself to add devices, because I believe HS3 has to perform the security interrogation itself.

And yes, once a device is included in a network, it cannot be re-included unless it has been excluded first. Some devices seem to come from the factory as having been included in some sort of test network (which they shouldn't), so sometimes it's necessary to exclude a new device before you include it.

Comment

Hi Guys

Z-Wave can be a complicated technology. I don't profess to be an expert on the subject but I have been playing with it for a few years now and experienced all manner of weird and wonderful behaviour.

As mikedr said, a device that is included in a network cannot be included in another network. The exclusion procedure basically resets the device so that it can be included into a network. The reason I added the exclusion procedure to my previous post was to make sure that the issues you were experiencing were not because the device was already included. Personally, I've never had a new device that was already included in a network, but I know others have.

As far as I'm aware the Aeotec controllers are the only units that have the remote inclusion / exclusion feature. I have always found things to be much more reliable adding new nodes (in Homeseer) with the controller plugged in and initiating the process through the Homeseer interface with the new node in close proximity to the controller.

Technically you should be able to include a node that does not have direct communication with the controller by taking advantage of NWI (network wide inclusion). For this to work, the new node must be able to find a route back to the controller through other NWI capable nodes.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                          X