How to log into Bugzilla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to log into Bugzilla?

Please help if you know the answer to this.
    New to Homeseer. Have a bug getting an X-10 CM15A to trigger an event.
    Bugzilla won't let me report this. Instead:
    "The username or password you entered is not valid."
    Is there a different username / password for Bugzilla?
    Thank you.
    P.S. If interested, the bug is the following:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178724

Originally posted by stangale View Post
    Please help if you know the answer to this.
    New to Homeseer. Have a bug getting an X-10 CM15A to trigger an event.
    Bugzilla won't let me report this. Instead:
    "The username or password you entered is not valid."
    Is there a different username / password for Bugzilla?
    Thank you.
    P.S. If interested, the bug is the following:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178724
    It is a separate database from this forum or the HomeSeer store. Create a new account from the home page http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzilla.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Next hurdle - reporting a bug on Bugzilla...

Thanks Randy.
      Now the barrier is that the Bugzilla report form includes Product: Component: Version:
      Next to Version: it has a drop-down menu with the word "unspecified" in it. Clicking it does nothing. Cannot fill in this cell.
      Cannot submit the bug because of this. "A value must be set for the 'Version being used' field."
      Note: Extremely disappointed in how difficult it's been and how many hours spent just trying to get the most simple and basic home automation task to work:
      Turn on the outdoor lights at dusk and turn them off at 10PM.
      Used X-10 successfully for years and expected a simple and successful experience.

Comment

There is another field below the drop list. It is headed, 'Version being used'. Do you get the error if you fill in that field?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Uncle Michael,
          Indeed there was a place to fill in underneath the drop-down window.
          Somehow everything about the Homeseer experience ha been fraught with a seemingly unending stream of non-intuitive situations.
          All I want is to have the Outdoor lights turn on at dusk and off at 10pm!

Comment

Somehow everything about the Homeseer experience ha been fraught with a seemingly unending stream of non-intuitive situations.
            To some extent that's part of accommodating to a new environment, but I do agree that there are some pretty non-intuitive aspects to Homeseer - especially their implementation of X10 in HS3.

All I want is to have the Outdoor lights turn on at dusk and off at 10pm!
            Have you read through some of the recent discussions in the X10 forum? If not, I recommend that you do.

In previous versions of HS, X10 was central, and all other technologies had to adapt to it's underlying approach. In HS3 X10 is just another control scheme, but that meant pulling the functionality out of the guts and putting it in a plug-in. That is a big job and it's not quite complete yet. I've found that I can make X10 work in HS3, but it takes some fiddling and it's definitely not intuitive to someone who has used X10 extensively in other situations.

After you've looked over what others have struggled with, I'd suggest asking specific questions in the CM15 sub-forum. There are certainly people there who are doing what you want to accomplish.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for your encouragement.
              Have looked through the forum and have found that the same bug I'm experiencing was reported in Feb. last year (Bugzilla 2594).
              Others have it and it's apparently not resolved.
              Very disheartening.
              I don't mind spending the money.
              But I've put many hours into Homeseer and have absolutely nothing to show for it.
              it's too buggy to have confidence in.
              Wife things I'm crazy - what do I tell her???

Comment

I hear you loud and clear. One thing to consider though, anything X10 related is pretty much obsolete and I doubt that any time will be spent to resolve X10 specific issues.

Please keep in mind that I do not represent the developers. It certainly is possible that it will be addressed. I doubt it though because there are probably bigger issues to be addressed that we all have been waiting on resolution.
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

But I've put many hours into Homeseer and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Have a read here relating to the X10 CM15A stuff being worked on by a 3rd party.

===> HS3 CM15a Plugin Development

The above noted the Homeseer 3 CM11A X10 plugin works just fine.

X10 is not obsolete as many folks today are still using it today. Here using X10, UPB, Z-Wave and Zigbee.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Does Homeseer support X10?

Thanks Krumpy,
                    The problem is that the product is promoted and sold as a solution for those with X10 setups.
                    By now the bugs should be resolved.
                    Or there should be updates that the bugs are being worked on/fixed.
                    0r they should hire new software guys.
                    Or they should stop selling it as a solution if it's not.
                    Bad for the brand.
                    What's particularly annoying is that I went through the exact same thing with Insteon. They sold me a Hub 1 as an X10 solution.
                    But the software wouldn't allow setting up timers that worked!
                    Very simple goal - have lights turn on/off when not home....
                    Not even asking for fancy home automation.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                      . . .I doubt that any time will be spent to resolve X10 specific issues. . . . It certainly is possible that it will be addressed. I doubt it though because there are probably bigger issues to be addressed that we all have been waiting on resolution.
                      Krumpy,
                      Mark Fishers is now actively working on the X10 plug-in. He's already made it possible to use the ExecX10 scripting command in HS3 and figured out most of what's going on with Preset Dim problems.

I had the same concerns you have voiced, but now I'm much more hopeful.

Comment

Let's face it, HomeSeer Technologies with HS3 has completely transitioned to ZWAVE and primarily using Android for HSTouch. Things like x10, insteon, and Apple related products are second rate around here.

In my opinion lighting controls should not be embedded in HomeSeer or the controller of the automation system. To your point, if second or third tier products such as X10 are no longer effectively supported then it should be given up to open-source such that others can address the issues.

HomeSeer Technologies has stretched themselves so thin that they can never get everything resolved. I do not even submit bugs anymore because it is relatively hopeless.

Hope you get your issue resolved.

Thanks Krumpy,
                        The problem is that the product is promoted and sold as a solution for those with X10 setups.
                        By now the bugs should be resolved.
                        Or there should be updates that the bugs are being worked on/fixed.
                        0r they should hire new software guys.
                        Or they should stop selling it as a solution if it's not.
                        Bad for the brand.
                        What's particularly annoying is that I went through the exact same thing with Insteon. They sold me a Hub 1 as an X10 solution.
                        But the software wouldn't allow setting up timers that worked!
                        Very simple goal - have lights turn on/off when not home....
                        Not even asking for fancy home automation.
                        Last edited by Krumpy; January 3, 2016, 02:09 PM.
                        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Thanks Krumpy - for telling the truth.

Homeseer has wasted many hours of my time with product/software which has been completely misrepresented to me from the start.

Jeff Fisher (bless his heart) is VOLUNTEERING to work on the CM15A Plugin, because apparently Homeseer won't do it.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178669

Unfortunately, Jeff Fisher DOES NOT EVEN HAVE CM15A - and apparently Homeseer won't even supply him with one.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178752

Who is the Owner/Manager of Homeseer?

Is he/she not aware of how we're being lied to and dis-serviced???

If I have to go through the trouble of RMAing this experience and sending it back because of its failure to perform, you can bet I'm going to take the extra time (on top of the many useless hours spent) to review Homeseer as truthfully as you have.

But on on other sites besides this one.

Very pissed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                            In my opinion lighting controls should not be embedded in HomeSeer or the controller of the automation system.
                            It seems to me that is just what happened in HS3. X10 is no longer embedded in HS.
                            To your point, if second or third tier products such as X10 are no longer effectively supported then it should be given up to open-source such that others can address the issues.
                            I believe that has happened with X10, and Mark is on it.
                            HomeSeer Technologies has stretched themselves so thin that they can never get everything resolved. I do not even submit bugs anymore because it is relatively hopeless.
                            No question they are stretched thin. The move to HS3 was a huge undertaking. My impression is that the HS1-to-HS2 transition was pretty rocky and lasted for several years as well. I didn't live through that one, so I don't have first hand experience.

From my limited experience, HS3 is inherently much more capable than HS2, but it just isn't 'done' yet. I agree that HST has been much too slow in acknowledging the need for more resources and to seek help from people like Mark to help fill the holes more quickly. I certainly share your frustration as well, especially with the emphasis placed on Z-wave (that generates cash flow to fund the business, so I do understand why) and the lack of attention given to technologies widely used by long-time HS2 users, but I guess I'm more optimistic that the problems will (eventually) be addressed, just as they were after HS2 was introduced.

Comment

Who is the Owner/Manager of Homeseer? Is he/she not aware of how we're being lied to and dis-serviced???
                              I'm pretty sure Rich is aware that some of us are frustrated with the performance of HS3. Unlike you, though, most of the frustrated people are long-time users of HS, trying to manage a very difficult transition. Many new users are jumping directly into Z-wave and appear to be pretty happy with the experience.

Very pissed off.
                              Three thoughts occur to me:
                              1. Your license for HS3 includes a license to HS2. HS2 is very X10-centric and I find X10 to be quite intuitive in the HS2 implementation. It might give you a way to achieve the automation you want more quickly and efficiently.
                              2. As a new user, your opinion has weight. There are likely others in your situation who are less vocal, and disappointing new users is definitely not something HST wants to do. I suspect that most of HST is at CES right now, but you could still try calling them (603-471-2816) to express your frustration in person.
                              3. For many of us, HA is really a way to waste time while pretending to do something productive. One way I deal with the frustration of poor documentation and non-intuitive operation is to frame the problem as a puzzle with ambiguous instructions. Sort of like the NYT crossword. One benefit is that seemingly trivial advances can be re-framed as breakthroughs in understanding as I slowly learn what works and what doesn't and assemble a comprehensive understanding of how the product really functions. Not up there with curing cancer, but better than being pissed off.

Comment

Working...
                              X