Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to use hstouch to repeat what I say/make announcements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to use hstouch to repeat what I say/make announcements?

I would like to use my phone/app to repeat what I say through my connected sonos system. It doesn't necessarily have to be my voice. Maybe my voice to text to whatever server voice I have installed then out through the sonos? Bonus points for homeseer knowing the difference between a spoken command and me making an announcement and only repeating announcements not commands.

For example, me saying "Announcement, blah blah."...then it sends it through my sonos.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'd be interested in this as well!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Some years ago I did help someone do something similar I think in HSTouch, they had a text box on a HSTouch screen and a button. The button then passed the contents of the text box to a script on the HS server, the script then spoke out what to say. I'm not sure what to search for to get that post but have a look for hs.speak in the HSTouch forums might be somewhere to start.

In terms of voice sampling and replaying then I can't see you are going to be able to do that without some app but I'm not sure what is out there in all honesty.

Comment

Working...
      X