Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM15A tab is there - but then disappears

Anyone else encounter this bug?

Hit "Add new device" and the CM15A tab is there - but then disappears once hitting "Done" or clicking out of the page. (Of course device name/House Code/Unit code are entered while creating the device.)

Delete it and start all over again. Situation repeats.

Log out. Log back in again. Situation repeats.

Reboot HomeTroller Zee S2. Situation repeats..

Disable CM15A plugin. Re-enable CM15A plugin. Situation repeats.

What have I left out????

Oh yes!

Pull all your hair out. Situation repeats.

Waited on hold for help at Homeseer 30 minutes.
    The phone system had me leave a message.
    They didn't call back, and now of course they're closed.

Personally here do not know the draw of the CM15A USB device. I know though there are issues with the Rasberry Pi 2 relating to the USB draw. These have been documented.

That could be causing a connect disconnect issue.

That said just having a gander over to Ebay I see a new CM11A for $29.99 with free shipping. It is Ebay number: 380283910366

I still utilize the CM11As here with my stuff along with the Jeff Volp stuff. The CM11A's are so old the plastic has faded a bit.

Relating to the use of an RS-232 port you can purchase a USB to Serial device here on Homeseer or Amazon if you want.

Yup thinking Homeseer is on Eastern time. I am in the midwest and it is now almost 6 PM there.

Right now here having a USB issue with a weather station 2000 miles away. I am remoting to it and trying the disconnect connect thing via the remote connection. Doesn't look like I fixed it though.

IE:
    Conditions at local time 17:42 on 05 January 2016 - time is OK for last uploadeverything is zero right now though.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by stangale View Post

Hit "Add new device" and the CM15A tab is there - but then disappears once hitting "Done" or clicking out of the page. (Of course device name/House Code/Unit code are entered while creating the device.)

What have I left out????

Oh yes!

Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file? How is your CM15A connected to your HT? This is typically caused by the hardware being inaccessible.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I apologize if this is obvious, but it wasn't to me when I started creating X10 devices. If you enter the House Code and Unit Code on the 'Configuration' tab, then the plug-in (inexplicably) assumes they are not X10 devices.

You have to leave those items blank on the Configuration tab and enter them on the X10 tab (CM15A tab, in your case). I make it a practice to then immediately click Done and then reopen the device for further editing. At that point I can confirm that he X10 tab is still present and that the device code appears correctly on the Configuration tab.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Uncle Michael.

Yes, upon clicking the green "+" Add Device, no entry is made until the CM15A tab is present.

Once the name, house code, and unit code are entered, "Done" is pressed.

The newly created device is listed under "Device List".

Click on the new device - the CM15A tab is gone!

Comment

I gave up using the CM15 with HS3, but I remember having the same issue. I found that the X10 code had to be entered only on the X10 tab and before any other configuration boxes were filled in. Also, I remember there was some time lag before the tab showed up.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Once the name, house code, and unit code are entered, "Done" is pressed.
              Where are you entering the house code and unit code? The drop lists on the Configuration tab (circled below) should be left blank. The house code and unit code need to be entered on the CM15A tab. Then press Done on the CM15A tab. Is that what you did?
              Attached Files
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

**IMPORTANT** Procedure to create a new X10 or CM15a device

This is very important, and not at all clear in the HS user interface.

Here is the procedure to create a new X10 or CM15a device:
                1. On the Device Management page, click the green + sign to display the New Device page, which defaults to the "Configuration" tab.
                2. Enter a Device name
                3. Enter Location 1 (if used)
                4. Enter Location 2 (if used)
                5. STOP RIGHT THERE...
                  DO NOT ENTER AN X10 DEVICE CODE ON THIS TAB.
                  DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE CHECKBOXES.
                  DO NOT CLICK DONE at the bottom of this tab.
                  If you do any of these the X10/CM15 tab will never appear for this device again!!
                6. Click the "X10" or "CM15a" tab.
                7. Select the House Code
                8. Select the Unit Code
                9. Select the Device Type
                10. Click Done on this page (X10/CM15 tab) - very important - this is the only action that causes the X10/CM15 plugin to be called to take ownership of the device.

After the device has been saved, you can go back in and change any of the settings and the X10/CM15 tab should continue to be displayed.
                Last edited by mfisher; January 8, 2016, 10:26 AM.
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

What have I left out????

Oh yes!

Stan, please review this post and let me know if it resolves your issue.
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                  Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
                  X