X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer at CES

Any news?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

I have looked up and down to see what/if they are doing anything there, and I came up with a big fat 0.

I really hope they are doing something, it would at least take the sting off the lack of tech support and bug fixes if they were working on getting something ready.

Comment

They're not listed as exhibitors.
      Attached Files
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Maybe they're with the Z-Wave alliance?
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          Maybe they're with the Z-Wave alliance?
          It's possible. I thought they were listed as an exhibitor last year. Rich or Mark will have to weigh in.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I didn't see them listed with the z-wave alliance, or anywhere in the ce-pro HA overview pdf. I guess they did not go.

Still, I would have thought it would make sense to have some sort of presence considering the prime billing HOME AUTOMATION is getting these days at tech shows.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Yes they are not on the Exhibitors list from what I can see.

Been chatting here with one company / exhibitor that went there from the EU. He did set up stuff while flying there and hasn't sleep yet having arrived and getting there and having meetings and has had a lingering cold from about a week ago.

CES 2016
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Comment

They attend some years and not other years. I would not read into it if they are not exhibitors this year as this is not abnormal. In my opinion there are better ways to spend marketing money.
                  HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

HST isn't attending this year. As Krumpy stated there are better shows for home automation and the marketing dollars.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      HST isn't attending this year. As Krumpy stated there are better shows for home automation and the marketing dollars.
                      Bummer, I'm going tomorrow & Friday and was hoping to swing by and meet some of the principals.
                      Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                        Bummer, I'm going tomorrow & Friday and was hoping to swing by and meet some of the principals.
                        Dirk
                        We expect a report of what you see Have fun.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

A couple of years ago, they attended and released the HomeTroller Zee. They had videos, but never showed us how to do what they were doing in the video - namely, they said you could speak "turn on the porch lights at 4p on saturday for 2 hours" I have no idea how they can do that.

Before that, they announced a HomeTroller variation running on a Marvell Plug, but it was never released and ultimately replaced with the HomeTroller Zee.

I have a feeling some companies announce big at CES, but leave the consumers hanging. I am surprised that Aeon is not there though.
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Seems to me that this was standard voice recognition through HomeSeer. Maybe not.
                            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              We expect a report of what you see Have fun.
                              Just ran into Rick Tinker, good to have finally a face to a name.
                              Tons of smart home stuff, mainly devices, less so platforms for us to mess with ala Homeseer
                              Dirk

Comment

Working...
                              X