Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to run events when double tapping a switch connected to a Z-Wave relay/dimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to run events when double tapping a switch connected to a Z-Wave relay/dimmer

Hi,

I'm thinking about installing Z-Wave devices at my home.

Current situation:
    - A dimmer is installed in the electricity closet
    - From the dimmer, wires go to the switches and return from it.
    - From the dimmer, wires go to the 12V transformers for my halogen spots

What I want to do is:
    - replace the dimmer in the closet with a Z-Wave dimmer.

This should work (I think, correct me if I am wrong). However, I am interested in doing something special when e.g. you double tap the switch (connected to the relay/switch), I want all lights to be turned off.

Is something like this even possible with the installed (pulse) switches and the Z-Wave dimmer/relay?

Best regards,
    Kriz

Double taping will set the dimmer to full when using a Fibaro FGD-211 z-wave dimmer ....
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Mmm, what would be a good way to start a scene from a light switch then (e.g. All Off)

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
        Mmm, what would be a good way to start a scene from a light switch then (e.g. All Off)
        I use a wireless battery operated X10 switch to control devices, scenes and events. These do respond to multiple taps so if I can have each button programmed for many uses. Below is an image, I mount it on the wall next to my regular switch. There is a z-wave version but I have not tried it.

I also use regular z-wave light switches with multiple taps but they do not dim, only send multiple on signals which HomeSeer recognizes once programmed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	1182730

Comment

I do realize that you are in another country but thought sharing what I use may give some ideas.

Comment

Working...
          X