Can't Access HS3 Via Local IP - Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Access HS3 Via Local IP - Working

I have an interesting problem that has cropped up. I can no longer access HS3 via the local IP, e.g. 192.168.0.xxx:yyyy. I get timeouts and never can connect. I can, however, use my DDNS address, which is port forwarded through the router, e.g. myddns:yyyy. I haven't made any router changes since setting up the port forwarding - a few months ago. I'm guessing I have changed an HS3 parameter inadvertently. This might have happened when I was trying to (and have been successful at) get JSON commands to work.

Any ideas on what I might have broken?

David

David - That happened to me and I was able to fix it by deleting the cache and browser history in my internet browser.

Comment

That didn't fix it. This appears to be an issue on the HS3 side. I've tried from Chrome, IE, and Edge and get the same result.

Comment

Today it's working again. Yesterday I rebooted the server several times. Today, I had patches installed and had to reboot. I don't know if either of those fixed the problem. I'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

I have the same issue. I can't access the web interface via my local ip address, but I can access it through myhomeseer.com URL.

I checked my startup log and I am getting this error in the startup log right:

Code:
          Jan-23 12:08:36 PM	 	Error	ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
          Jan-23 12:08:36 PM	 	Error	ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
          Jan-23 12:08:35 PM	 	Error	ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
          Jan-23 12:08:34 PM	 	Startup	Creating ASP.NET application host...
          Jan-23 12:08:34 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server started on port 80
          Jan-23 12:08:34 PM	 	Web Server	UPNP Discovery started
          Jan-23 12:08:34 PM	 	Web Server	Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.1.218 (255.255.255.0)
          Looks like some sort of problem initializing the system due to a missing file ... No that I deleted any. Maybe that's why your issue cleared up when you did an update as the update probably installed whatever files got mysteriously erased.

If anyone has ideas on how to restore the files or get local IP access working again let me know. Not a huge deal because I can access via myhomeseer but a very weird error.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBurn View Post
            I have the same issue. I can't access the web interface via my local ip address, but I can access it through myhomeseer.com URL.

I checked my startup log and I am getting this error in the startup log right:

Code:
            Jan-23 12:08:35 PM	 	Error	ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
            Jan-23 12:08:34 PM	 	Startup	Creating ASP.NET application host...
            Jan-23 12:08:34 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server started on port 80
            Jan-23 12:08:34 PM	 	Web Server	UPNP Discovery started
            Jan-23 12:08:34 PM	 	Web Server	Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.1.218 (255.255.255.0)
            Looks like some sort of problem initializing the system due to a missing file ... No that I deleted any. Maybe that's why your issue cleared up when you did an update as the update probably installed whatever files got mysteriously erased.

If anyone has ideas on how to restore the files or get local IP access working again let me know. Not a huge deal because I can access via myhomeseer but a very weird error.
            If you are running on Windows do a repair on your HS3 installation using the Programs and Features control panel applet.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For what it is worth, I was able to fix this problem.

When trouble shooting it I noticed that in the "About Homeseer" line of the "Tools" Menu that the Client IP address was not for the machine accessing the server, but for my router. This led me to suspect that the issue had something to do with my router.

I went to my router and deleted all my port forwarding rules for HS2 and HS3 (I had both installations running concurrently) and then put back in new ones just for HS3. This seems to have fixed the issue and I can now navigate to my server via the local IP and via my myhomeseer URL.

Comment

Working...
              X