Enerwave ZWN-SC7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enerwave ZWN-SC7

Can this 7 button scene controller be used with Zee S2? Anything special to linking it to the HS controller? Ztool does not seem to want to recognize it.

I am not sure about the Zee, but I can't imagine that it would be any different from the other HS products in this regard. I had one connected to my system for about 6 months before changing it out to a different type. Make sure you follow the instructions that came with it, I would first factory default it, and then put it into listen mode and add it non secure. It should work.

Comment

thanks

I think the problem is I have to reset and cut the power to it. This is what I have gathered from reading other threads..

Are controllers like this added like any other zwave light switch? I have three GE Jasco switches installed and working well. Ran my outside lights on an event last night.. on at sunset off at sunrise.. baby steps.

Comment

They don't add exactly the same. When doing a switch, you put HS in include mode and then toggle the switch... this triggers the add. Controllers are different, you have to put them into an inclusion mode (I can't remember the exact buttons to hold down together for this model, it's been a while) and then put HS in inclusion and they will find each other.

Comment

Can one trigger off the buttons in the same way as, say, a Cooper five-button scene controller or a minimote?

Comment

It did link

I did get it to link, but had trouble getting the individual buttons (nodes) to work properly. Zee s2 brought in 7 nodes and messed with button 7 (large button). I actually did link the large button to a Ge Jasco 12722, but could not get it to toggle the switch off. I made a scene to turn on that switch. Odd thing was HS was telling me that I added a device that was not scene compatible? The 12722 is scene compatible. Anyone know what the issue is?

Comment

I struggled to get mine to work as well. What I had to do was go to the Z-Wave tab of each child device (scene controller button) and "Add a Device to control" "HomeSeer". Make sure to press the "Save Scene Changes" button afterwards. Mine has worked flawlessly since. I should point out that I use it exclusively to fire HomeSeer events including toggling on and off with a single button (through 2 events).
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing above, I don't have mine in the system anymore so didn't have this info. I had mine setup the same way, and I have found with HS, the best way to deal with controllers is to use them to trigger events.

Comment

How does the Enerwave compare to the Cooper in terms of phantom button presses? One thing that annoys me about the Cooper is that if you click on two buttons in succession too quickly, the second button press will often invoke the wrong button press (i.e., you press button two, and it tells HS that button one is pressed). Another annoyance is that every so often, when I tell the Cooper to light indicator three, say, it lights indicator five, say, as well.

Comment

No phantom button presses on the Enerwave, it's surprisingly robust given the cost. Once I figured out how to get it working in HomeSeer it has been flawless. That said, there is no control over the led's. The blue led on each button simply indicates a button press and the last one pressed remains lit. I am currently using the Enerwave as a tapletop controller (mounted upside down in a Smarthome KeypadLinc enclosure modded with a 3-wire cable).

I just ordered an Insteon 8-button keypad dimmer. Depending on the results with the Insteon keypad I may order a Cooper 5-scene to compare.

Regards

Comment

great info on events

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      I struggled to get mine to work as well. What I had to do was go to the Z-Wave tab of each child device (scene controller button) and "Add a Device to control" "HomeSeer". Make sure to press the "Save Scene Changes" button afterwards. Mine has worked flawlessly since. I should point out that I use it exclusively to fire HomeSeer events including toggling on and off with a single button (through 2 events).
                      Thanks for that. I was close.. there is a blurb about using events in another thread somewhere. I will try this tonight.

I have put insteon devices in another home. This was some of their earlier generations (circa 2006) but they worked well. Probably should have stuck with those. How quick is the transfer of events from Inteon to HomeSeer to Zwave devices?

Comment

event logic

Is this good event logic to toggle on and off?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          No phantom button presses on the Enerwave, it's surprisingly robust given the cost. Once I figured out how to get it working in HomeSeer it has been flawless. That said, there is no control over the led's. The blue led on each button simply indicates a button press and the last one pressed remains lit. I am currently using the Enerwave as a tapletop controller (mounted upside down in a Smarthome KeypadLinc enclosure modded with a 3-wire cable).

I just ordered an Insteon 8-button keypad dimmer. Depending on the results with the Insteon keypad I may order a Cooper 5-scene to compare.

Regards
                          This is a bit of a bummer. So, there's no way to have two LEDs lit, and/or to control the LEDs?

The way I'm using the Cooper switch is for devices/groups of devices. So, button one controls one outdoor fountain, button two controls another, button three controls pergola lighting, button four controls two irrigation valves, and button five outdoor coach lights. Obviously, these are independent of one another -- I.e., both fountains' LEDs can be on at the same time.

Comment

When the power goes out

This controller has to be reset. I have to go back in and redo the events. The events are still there but, need to go back in and tell the individual button to run a homeseer event.

All other nodes work fine. Anyone experience this after the power goes out?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeypuck View Post
                              This controller has to be reset. I have to go back in and redo the events. The events are still there but, need to go back in and tell the individual button to run a homeseer event.

All other nodes work fine. Anyone experience this after the power goes out?
                              Sounds like the individual scene buttons are still not associated with HomeSeer. When they are, and you press each button on the ZWN-SC7, it should show Scene On the device list page in HomeSeer. Note the "Scene On" icon always stays on and never goes off but this is how I was able to tell initiially that the buttons were properly associated/controlled by HomeSeer. I have no problem when power is interrupted and reapplied, in fact I use my ZWN-SC7 as a portable tabletop controller plugged into a wall outlet.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X