Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FortrezZ MimoLite

People,

I have a FortrezZ MimoLite that I have wired and included in HS3. Besides that I have the Technical Appendix for converting Input Voltage/Counts. I want the Mimo to trigger at and above 12v which is 3372 decimal counts. My question is, where in HS3, Node 17 in my case do I insert the 3372?

Thanks
    J

Is there a parameter that the MimoLite manual says this information should be added to?

Comment

Originally posted by jsyers View Post
      People,

I have a FortrezZ MimoLite that I have wired and included in HS3. Besides that I have the Technical Appendix for converting Input Voltage/Counts. I want the Mimo to trigger at and above 12v which is 3372 decimal counts. My question is, where in HS3, Node 17 in my case do I insert the 3372?

Thanks
      J
      Do you want the Mimo's relay to trigger >=12v as opposed to using the analogue input value in Homeseer to trigger something?

If you want the relay to trigger "trigger mapping" then you need to set this up using various Configuration Command Class Parameters as detailed in the technical appendix.

Note:
      According to the technical appendix, a (relay status) report is not sent if the relay is set using trigger mapping.

It would also appear that the ADC values are not linear with the input voltage, so I would suggest using a volt meter to determine your trigger levels.

You can read and/or set the parameters on the Z-Wave tab for the root device under settings.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        Do you want the Mimo's relay to trigger >=12v as opposed to using the analogue input value in Homeseer to trigger something?

Comment

I don't have one of those devices myself, I was just going on what the manual says.

I assume you have a voltage connected to SIG1.

You should have one HS3 device created that is of type SENSOR_MULTILEVEL
          According to the manual Group 2 is used for the ADC reports so you will need to associate Group 2 with Homeseer.
          Parameter 9 sets the reporting interval which by default is 30 seconds.

So if you have the correct device(s) and association set, you should see a value coming through for SIG1.

Once you get the value reporting to Homeseer, you can then use it to do whatever you like. It looks like 12 volts should be reporting a value of 3380.

Paul..

Comment

Comment

All the necessary devices (root and children) should be created when you included the MimoLite into your Z-Wave network. You can't add missing devices manually.

What type of Z-Wave controller are you using?
              Did you include the MimoLite whilst it was in close proximity to your Z-Wave controller?

Is the "updating" device you mention getting populated with something that looks like the voltage value?

Paul..

Comment

Comment

Paul,

Well, I lied! The SIG1 only had the neg connected to the 12vdc battery. I attached the pos and now receive a 4095 value which is maxed from what I have read. I think that parameters 4-8 will configure the SIG1 but looking for what needs to be entered so that SIG1 will see 10-14 volt instead of the default 1volt.

J

Comment

Originally posted by jsyers View Post
                    Paul,

Well, I lied! The SIG1 only had the neg connected to the 12vdc battery. I attached the pos and now receive a 4095 value which is maxed from what I have read. I think that parameters 4-8 will configure the SIG1 but looking for what needs to be entered so that SIG1 will see 10-14 volt instead of the default 1volt.

J
                    The manual is not the best written thing I've seen and not having a unit to test with is not that helpful either.

On the Z-Wave settings tab what value do you get for parameter 8?
                    I expect it will be 3. If so then try setting it to 1 (1 byte size) and see if that changes the value reported.

Paul..

Comment

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=1DA8F77FCE32A711%21116&cid=1DA8F77FCE32A711]has a copy of an email chain that I have been having with Steve at FortrezZ J

Comment

I'm confused as to how you would run the MIMO Windows utility -- how would the program talk to the unit?

Comment

I'm getting the feeling that the Windows utility is just a stand alone app that calculates the parameter values based on user input for use with some other software capable of setting the parameters as opposed to actually communicating with the unit.

WRT the video:
                          The values look OK. In your email chain it shows the values as signed and unsigned decimals. You input the signed value of -41 and Homeseer processed it as the unsigned value of 215.

I don't have one of these devices myself so perhaps I'm misunderstanding how it is supposed to work.

I was thinking that it should report an analogue value on one of the child devices regardless of any triggering configuration but the more I read I'm starting to think that the analogue value is used internally (based on the thresholds) to generate a trigger which is then sent to one of the child devices.

Paul..

Comment

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1DA8F...21116&o=OneUp]sales@fortrezz.com
                            11:34 AM (4 hours ago)
                            to me
                            Joseph,
                            Here's the response to your additional question.
                            It sounds like he is only trying to read the value of a battery and not do any triggering or thresholds, etc. If that is the case, he should not have to worry about parameters 4 - 8. All he has to do is set up periodic updates (using parameter 9) or manually poll with his controller.
                            If he has not done that, then perhaps the controller hasn't received anything yet from the MIMOlite and is displaying 4095 as the default(?) This is just a guess.
                            If he has set up periodic updates and/or manually polled with the controller and is still getting 4095, then I tend to suspect the MIMOlite hardware. Perhaps there is a bad trace or an incorrect resistor(?) Again, this is just a guess. He should not be getting a reading of 4095 with a 12V battery.
                            Steve
                            FortrezZ, LLC.
                            --
                            I have removed the MimoLite node and reattached it. Gave it Group2 association to HomeSeer and set Parameter 9 = 6 and still get 4095. So, MomoLite is headed back home and a new one is on its way. Hopefully case closed in a couple of days.

J

Comment

Paul,

This has come to a close. I received a new Mimo yesterday and connected it to my battery array, plugged it in and added it to HS3. Set parameter 9 for 5 minutes and started collecting the report values. I want to thank you for your advice and knowledge with the virtual Mimo you now have. Hope I don't run across anymore cracked traces or incorrect resisters again however I have to say Steve @ Fortrezz and an unnamed engineer where helpful through this process!

Joseph

Comment

Working...
                              X