Z-COMBO-G -- can recommend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-COMBO-G -- can recommend!

Just installed two of these into our system. Running the latest Z-Wave plug-in. They don't support NWI (grrr), but otherwise added easily. Heartbeats happen roughly every 60-65 minutes. Created a bunch of events to do various things when smoke/CO is detected, when heartbeats aren't detected, etc.

So, if you're on the fence, I can definitely recommend them.

One thing of note -- I like bench testing things before I permanently install them, and once they're in their final place, do two optimizes and a full optimize. That was a bit tough with these devices. Ultimately, I was able to do this by pretending to re-include the device -- I pulled out the battery tray, held down the button, pushed the tray back in, and then pressed rescan. If rescan worked (about half the time), the unit would stay on for 30 seconds before going back to sleep. I was able to do two optimizes in this period of time, and then the nex time, a full optimize.

That is, there's no other way to keep this thing awake to do this type of stuff. If you just pull the battery tray out and push it back in, it'll immediately go to sleep. The above approach works often enough that it's probably the way to go. When you push the battery tray in, you get one beep, and if the rescan works, you get a second -- which means you now have 30 seconds to do optimizes, etc.
Working...
X