Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeon Labs Key Fob Gen 5 problem - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Key Fob Gen 5 problem - Solved!

Hi.

I have a problem including the Aeon Labs Key Fob Gen 5.
    The status graphics just show a lot og battery levels.
    I am using the Zwave.me USB stick as interface.

I have done add/remove a few times with the same result. Also made a reset of the Key Fob. Nothing seems to help.

Any ideens?

Are you running the latest beta of the Z-Wave plugin? If not try loading that then do a re-scan on the root node after waking the device and moving it to within a few inches of your Z-Wave controller while it is still connected to your HS3 PC.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Are you running the latest beta of the Z-Wave plugin? If not try loading that then do a re-scan on the root node after waking the device and moving it to within a few inches of your Z-Wave controller while it is still connected to your HS3 PC.
      I am not running the beta. Is it safe to install it? Or will it give me other problems?

Comment

Just installed the beta and the key fob works now.
        Its just that I am allergic to betas

Comment

Originally posted by jangermann View Post
          Just installed the beta and the key fob works now.
          Its just that I am allergic to betas
          Yea, I know. We need to get this our of beta and into a delivery ... I'll ask Rich about this.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just one more question.

Is there a way to reset the Key Fob to an other value after press?
            My problem is that if I want to use it to open my garage door i press button 1 and if I want to close the garage door I also press button 1, but that dont work because my event want to see a change in state.

Hope anyone have a good idea to solve this.

Comment

I run an immediate script command after detecting a button press such as :-

&hs.setdevicevaluebyref 130, 0, True

substitute 130 with your device reference value.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by greyt View Post
                I run an immediate script command after detecting a button press such as :-

&hs.setdevicevaluebyref 130, 0, True

substitute 130 with your device reference value.
                Great! thanks, it works perfect

Comment

Originally posted by jangermann View Post
                  Just one more question.

Is there a way to reset the Key Fob to an other value after press?
                  My problem is that if I want to use it to open my garage door i press button 1 and if I want to close the garage door I also press button 1, but that dont work because my event want to see a change in state.

Hope anyone have a good idea to solve this.
                  I was going to reset the status with a script command, however, you can just test for "This device had its value set to" instead of "The device changes and becomes". This works great for toggle type events where you have to press the same button consecutively. Every time you press the same button, the time is updated on the status for the device, so Homeseer always gets the last button press.

Comment

Firmware 1.2 issue?

I ordered two of these keyfobs and one had version 1.3 and the other 1.2. The keyfob with 1.2 would never update the battery % and HS just reports 0%. The one with 1.3 works with no issues.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I've returned the 1.2 version and ordered another one from HomeSeer in hopes of getting a 1.3+ version.

Stephen

Comment

Working...
                    X