X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor
    replied
    Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    It's a really good idea but you have virtually no event creation scripting options (you can only create a timed event or a manual event - here you would really want a device value change event) so it would be reliant on HS making changes and it was clear they were against complex event creation scripts so I'm not sure you would ever get this change.
    Hmm that is unfortunate, i was hoping something may have been in there to allow for event creation.

Leave a comment:

• mikedr
    replied
    Yes, insofar as we don't have things like schedules in HS3, I can't imagine anything this sophisticated being added.

From what I can tell, core functionality wise nothing has really been updated in HS3 since release.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    It's a really good idea but you have virtually no event creation scripting options (you can only create a timed event or a manual event - here you would really want a device value change event) so it would be reliant on HS making changes and it was clear they were against complex event creation scripts so I'm not sure you would ever get this change.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Great idea! The older I get, the more appreciative I am of things that make it easier on me. We just got a new garage door installed and I'd like some ideas on what others are doing, too.

Leave a comment:

• Idea for Homeseer: device specific quick create events/scenarios

So i have been spending quite a bit of time configuring homeseer like most of you.

For Xmas i received the Linear Garage Door opener and after installing it i realized that everything i would need to do for this opener was all manual.

By contrast, the MYQ gateway that i removed had lots of "garage door" events and features pre built in, everything could be replicated by homeseer but i would need to build it.

so here is the idea:

Have some "macros" that you have the option to add when you add a device type, such as events to let you know if the garage door was left open or in the case of the appliance monitoring, all of the events and devices needed to use that.

Yes i know it can be added by hand, but for many new users or users new to home automation, they may not even have the thought that features such as this are possible up front.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this

Raptor
Working...
X