Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get devices Associated with Z-Net

I have two devices that give me warning that look like:

Z-Wave Warning: Z-Wave Node 16 Linear Switch Multilevel Node 16 does not appear to be associated with the interface Z-Net.

This particular item is a Linear Dimmer. It worked fine with a Z-Stick, and functionally it works (though the other device sometimes has issues).

I have removed and added the two devices several times. I now have the Z-Net wireless on a battery, so it has been close by - a foot or two. Why would I not be able to get rid of these warnings?

Anything else I should try?

David

I added a new switch at a different site this afternoon. It is a Linear dimmer, same as I have at home. I get the same warning from that setup. This appears to be a Z-Net issue.

David

Comment

It's easy enough to manually associate HS3 to the switch. The nice thing about association in this respect is that HS3 will know when the switch is used.

Under the Z-Wave tab, go to association, and add your Z-NET interface.

If the association area is grated out, that means the device doesn't support associations.

Comment

Is this what it's telling me?? All along I've been thinking it was a problem with adding the device to the network, that it wasn't added properly.

Well, neither device supports associations, so I can't add it manually. I still think this has something to do with the way Z-Net is adding the device. I didn't get these warnings with the Z-Stick.

Comment

Originally posted by david.delano View Post
          Is this what it's telling me?? All along I've been thinking it was a problem with adding the device to the network, that it wasn't added properly.

Well, neither device supports associations, so I can't add it manually. I still think this has something to do with the way Z-Net is adding the device. I didn't get these warnings with the Z-Stick.
          Yeah, definitely a bug in the Z-Net code. There are no associations, so of course it can't add them!

Comment

I ask Rich about this and he said it was an erroneous message and can be ignored. He's already removed it from the next beta.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks!!!

Is this the beta for HS3 or Z-Net?

I wouldn't have even noticed this if I hadn't had trouble with one of the device communicating one day. I thought the message was giving me an indication why it was having issues. Several rescans did finally make it work again, but the messages would seem to indicate that a remove/add was in order.

David

Comment

Working...
              X