Home Troller Zee S2 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Troller Zee S2 question

Hi, I'm trying to get to the place of buying my first HomeSeer automation controller and I'm considering starting wiht the Home Troller Zee S2. I watched one of the videos HomeSeer has, this one about adding Thermostat control.

I have a controllable thermostat and I recently took the automation controller I was using, a Nexia home bridge, and used that to UNENROLL a few different Z-Wave components I have in our house, including our heat/ac thermostat control.

So it's completely UNENROLLED. Two things I noted in this video and note the video might be dated. One, they said to not only connect your Zee S2 to your internet with a long cable and "then to connect your Z-Stick". Why would you need the Z-Stick and if I buy a Home Troller Zee S2, does it come with one??? And second, they say to fist run the UNENROLL process and then to run the ENROLL process immediately thereafter... Why the need to run an UNENROLL process first??? Is that really necessary on a device I KNOW to not be enrolled to ANY controller???

thanks... bob

Originally posted by diitto View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to get to the place of buying my first HomeSeer automation controller and I'm considering starting wiht the Home Troller Zee S2. I watched one of the videos HomeSeer has, this one about adding Thermostat control.

I have a controllable thermostat and I recently took the automation controller I was using, a Nexia home bridge, and used that to UNENROLL a few different Z-Wave components I have in our house, including our heat/ac thermostat control.

So it's completely UNENROLLED. Two things I noted in this video and note the video might be dated. One, they said to not only connect your Zee S2 to your internet with a long cable and "then to connect your Z-Stick". Why would you need the Z-Stick and if I buy a Home Troller Zee S2, does it come with one???
    The older ZS1 came with a stick. So the video is a bit outdated.
    And second, they say to fist run the UNENROLL process and then to run the ENROLL process immediately thereafter... Why the need to run an UNENROLL process first??? Is that really necessary on a device I KNOW to not be enrolled to ANY controller???
    It's always a good idea to attempt to delete any associations a device may have as it could have left the factory associated with a controller from testing or it may have been associated with an older controller as in your case (if you hadn't deleted the association).

thanks... bob
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Much appreciated... And one more question that another person answered in another thread but i'd just like a second opinion. If I buy the "wireless" option will that allow me to move the Zee S2 down near my Z-Wave components and "run it" from that remote "wireless" location, then to move it back and more permanently connect it back to my router via a short Ethernet cable???

In other words can I run it wirelessly only for the purpose of remoting it close to my Z-Wave devices and then move it back and switch back to a "wired" configuration??? Is that easy or will I need to learn a lot to switch between the two modes???

thanks... bob

Comment

Originally posted by diitto View Post
        Much appreciated... And one more question that another person answered in another thread but i'd just like a second opinion. If I buy the "wireless" option will that allow me to move the Zee S2 down near my Z-Wave components and "run it" from that remote "wireless" location, then to move it back and more permanently connect it back to my router via a short Ethernet cable???

In other words can I run it wirelessly only for the purpose of remoting it close to my Z-Wave devices and then move it back and switch back to a "wired" configuration??? Is that easy or will I need to learn a lot to switch between the two modes???

thanks... bob
        It should work, but Rupp can provide better info. however, note with network wide inclusion (NWI), the vast majority of your devices will be able to be included with the Zee2 staying put. Locks are the big exception, but if you're adding locks, it's quite easy to hook up the two halves of the lock so you can add it right next to your Zee2, and then move it to the door in question and install it.

I have switches, modules, water sensors, MimoLite, water valves, thermostats, and smoke detectors from various manufacturers (GE, Linear, Evolve, Fortrezz, Honeywell, and Kidde) and the only ones that didn't support NWI were the smokies.

Comment

I do appreciate the help... thanks much... bob

Comment

Working...
          X