Cheap airplay speaker client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap airplay speaker client

I dont know if it is some trash but it looks pretty good for announcing Homeseer TTS ,

m1

The m2 version (just the same as m1 only more range wifi...

I gonna try one , and use it for tts ,i'm sure that it works with spud airplay plugin .
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Can you provide a link to the website for this device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

yes ofcourse here it is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331677933752...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

These are nice and great price too. What would would be great is if there were a way for HS to interact with chromecast audio ($35) or 2 for $50( promotion).

Sent from my iPhone
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
          These are nice and great price too. What would would be great is if there were a way for HS to interact with chromecast audio ($35) or 2 for $50( promotion).

Sent from my iPhone
          I agree. I would be happy if I could just tell it to stop casting. I use it for our bathroom audio and it would be nice to kill them when the lights are turned off.

Comment

I have one of the SoundMates M1.
            It works with DLNA-Manager (MediaController) Plugin as of version 3.0.0.23

I did not try it with the Airplay Plugin.

With the MediaController plug-in, I have experience little to no delay in sound coming out of SoundMate.

Comment

Hi spike,

do you have it connected to the jack or spdif ?

Can you try it to use with spuds airplay plugin ?

let me know so i can order some of them

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
              I have one of the SoundMates M1.
              It works with DLNA-Manager (MediaController) Plugin as of version 3.0.0.23

I did not try it with the Airplay Plugin.

With the MediaController plug-in, I have experience little to no delay in sound coming out of SoundMate.

Comment

I have a license for Airplay Speak plugin. I got it for a speaker that supported Airplay. I was not happy about the delay, so I kept looking for a different solution. That is when I came across MediaController and the SoundMate. As I noted before, there is little to no delay when using it.

With that said. I just tried the SoundMate with AirPlay Speak. It does work to a certain extent. It does not like punctuation like a comma. It gets to the comma and stops speaking instead of pausing. And for some reason it does not say the complete phrase. Cuts off. For example "How are you today" will trail off as 'How are you to'.

I did not test music. Just an event using 'Speak something'.

Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
                  I have a license for Airplay Speak plugin. I got it for a speaker that supported Airplay. I was not happy about the delay, so I kept looking for a different solution. That is when I came across MediaController and the SoundMate. As I noted before, there is little to no delay when using it.

With that said. I just tried the SoundMate with AirPlay Speak. It does work to a certain extent. It does not like punctuation like a comma. It gets to the comma and stops speaking instead of pausing. And for some reason it does not say the complete phrase. Cuts off. For example "How are you today" will trail off as 'How are you to'.

I did not test music. Just an event using 'Speak something'.

Good Luck.
                  FYI, if the phrase is cut off at the end, you can try to add a few seconds in the "Delay After" column of the Aiplayspeak config page, it usually solves these kind of problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X