Help \homeSeer Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help \homeSeer Down

Re-installed Windows and lost everything, thought no problem I have backed up gtthe drive using Disk snapshot, problem is when trying to restore the drive snspshot reports that the snapshot is larger than the drive and cannot set rfrestore for next boot

anyone know a way round this problem? Otherwise I am dead in the water.
    Last edited by Gogs; January 22nd, 2016, 02:14 PM. Reason: spelling ****-up
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
    HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
    BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
    BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Can you manually pull the files from the backup? Then just do a base install and replace the HS folder with your backup.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      Can you manually pull the files from the backup? Then just do a base install and replace the HS folder with your backup.
      yes I cn manually pull the files, thing is I need to restore the original OS and drivers
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
      BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42

Comment

Oh sorry, I guess I missed that, I thought you had already done that part at least.

Comment

That's an odd one. Maybe fitting a larger drive would help ? Or can you "verify" the image to see if it is OK ?

I've not had that problem before, and I've been backing up for years

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
            That's an odd one. Maybe fitting a larger drive would help ? Or can you "verify" the image to see if it is OK ?

Image is verified as OK The ghost does no wish to return

have used it an imag before to restore with no problem, this has me baffeled, how can the image be larger than the drive it was taken from?
            sigpic

Comment

Did the OS reinstall fail to release space on the drive? Maybe because the install didn't terminate successfully. Can you reformat the drive and then try restoring the disk image?
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                Did the OS reinstall fail to release space on the drive? Maybe because the install didn't terminate successfully. Can you reformat the drive and then try restoring the disk image?
                yes I will need to read up on th DOS commands to do that
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post

Larger drfrive en-rfroute
                  sigpic

Comment

Re-installed Windows and lost everything, thought no problem I have backed up the drive using Disk snapshot, problem is when trying to restore the drive snapshot reports that the snapshot is larger than the drive and cannot set restore for next boot

anyone know a way round this problem? Otherwise I am dead in the water.

You can just open the first file of the backup to create a virtual drive.

Using the snapshot virtual drive you can get all of your Homeseer files.

It is just a directory. Drivers are no big deal.

If you want too you can resize any partition on a drive with MiniTools partition manager (it is free).

IE: if you have multiple partitions on your new drive then just resize them; takes a few minutes to do.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Working...
                    X