Should I register with myHS or not???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I register with myHS or not???

Hi, I just received my first HomeSeer hardware, a Home Troller Zee S2. I am soon to walk through the setup guide. I see that at one point it says or suggests(??) that I register for the MyHS cloud service.

Should I do so or not??? I'm new and learning... I want to be able to access my automation while out in the world and I use an iPhone. Is this service required if I want to use HSTouch or HS3Touch??? And which of those should I use??? Do either of those apps work with iPhones??? I saw one FAQ that might have been dated that said HSTouch was only functional with Android devices...

Can someone educate me so I can know whether to try to skip that step of registering for MyHS, if I can even skip that if I want???

Any help would be much appreciated... thanks... bob

You only need myhs if you plan to access your system outside of your lan. This includes hstouch.

Comment

Let me add there is other options to access your system outside of your lan, but myhs allows you to do it thru a homeseer proxy server without anything extra to do.

Comment

Would you consider the MyHS approach to be secure from hackers and such?? And are the other methods things like VPN and Port Forwarding??? I've never done a VPN and have done Port Forwarding but certainly not an expert... And if I start using MyHS and then decide against it later, I read that you can delete that account/connection, yes???

thanks... bob

Comment

It's way better than opening ports. That's the last thing you want to do. I would say yes it's secure, but a VPN will probably be more secure but much more complicated to setup.

I am sure you could have the account removed if you wanted, but I think it's low risk and the benefits outweigh the risk imo.

Comment

thanks much... I appreciate the help... bob

Comment

Working...
            X