Can I revert to Ethernet after running WiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I revert to Ethernet after running WiFi

Hi, I am about to set up my first HomeSeer hardware, a HomeTroller Zee S2. I also bought the WiFi adapter, my hope being if I need to get close to Z-Wave hardware to set it up that I can take the HomeTroller to the hardware running WiFi, plug it in to a nearby outlet, do the setup and when gone, I would like to shut off the WiFi and go back to running on Ethernet...

I assume that is doable but I'd like to hear for sure from folks whol know... Your thoughts???

Thanks for any help.

bob

There may be a procedure for this, but I made a quick attempt at this with a Z-NET (which is essentially the same hardware as Zee S2) and had trouble. The software seemed to want to bind only to one of the interfaces. Took me a little time to get it working again after I removed the WiFi dongle.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Ouch... Sorry... Don't want you to break your hardware to help me with mine... But you're I'm sure far more capable of recovering from such a problem than I am at this point... I appreciate the effort.. I am just setting up my hardware tonight and wandering through a mountan of screens so it will likely be a while before I even take the WiFi interface out of its box... Let me know if you learn anything else.

thanks. bob

Comment

Working...
      X