Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I run a script?

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to HS and home automation, although I have been playing around with it for a while. I am getting more into it and want to get all my components up and running.

I have a Venstar T5900 thermostat, which I love. But there is no plug-in for the device. I saw the post by jwshome2 and wanted to play around with the script. My only issue is I have no idea where or how to enter the script in so I can see if I can communicate with my Venstar. I am using HS3 Pro on a windows box.

Can someone help me out with where do I enter the script into my system? Or is there a video on where and how to use scripts for HS? I looked but didn't have success in finding any guidance.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Jon

There are a couple of ways to do this but this is my personal thing;

On your HS PC go into the \HomeSeer\scripts directory. You will probably find only two in there if you don't use it much, shutdown.vb and startup.vb (or they might have .txt extensions). Copying one of these might be easiest, copy startup.vb, select everything in the file and delete it. Then copy the script from the post into this new blank file and press save. Rename the file to something a bit more helpful than shutdown - copy.vb.

If the script is attached to the post then just drop it in the folder.

Then what happens next will depend on the script and how it is written - if you post a link perhaps that might help, it might be as simple as just running it (in which case create an event, add an action to the event and then select the run a script action, select the other script). Or it might need something more advanced like running every x minutes or values passing to it. It might come with some instructions.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so much for your help. I will try this!

Comment

Working...
      X