Utilize Homeseer on Polycom Phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utilize Homeseer on Polycom Phone?

I use FreePBX with a polycom IP450 phone that has an LCD display that is just begging to have homeseer info being displayed. I am not looking to control anything, but want to be able to see things like device status and outside temps.

Is anyone else doing something like this? I have tried to push a website to the screen, but that has failed as well.

Can you push an image (jpg) to the screen?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I am pretty sure I can as the background is a jpg. I would just need to figure out a couple things
      - How to create a dynamic jpg that changes (have no idea how to do this)
      - Figure out a host location that I can direct the screen to (I can figure this out)

Comment

jon00 has a utility that can create an image from a web-page. I use it to create images from HS info that I display on my Squeezebox Radios. I host the pictures on a web server that runs on a Qnap NAS, rather than the HS web-server, but they could be hosted on the HS server as well.

Cheers
        Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          jon00 has a utility that can create an image from a web-page. I use it to create images from HS info that I display on my Squeezebox Radios. I host the pictures on a web server that runs on a Qnap NAS, rather than the HS web-server, but they could be hosted on the HS server as well.

Cheers
          Al
          Perfect. Thank you. I will look into this.

Comment

Thank you again. Got basic data updating on the phone now with this plugin. Now to make things look pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
              Thank you again. Got basic data updating on the phone now with this plugin. Now to make things look pretty.
              You can make things much prettier with a new VVX600 phone. I'm about to replace the IP550 phone on my desk with a VVX600 (courtesy of my company's Polycom rep!) It has a really nice color touch display and an API. I think I'll look into writing a script that pushes info out to the phone display. If I do I'll post it.
              HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
              Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
              Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
              Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                Great!

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                  You can make things much prettier with a new VVX600 phone. I'm about to replace the IP550 phone on my desk with a VVX600 (courtesy of my company's Polycom rep!) It has a really nice color touch display and an API. I think I'll look into writing a script that pushes info out to the phone display. If I do I'll post it.
                  Would be great if you could control HS events/devices as well from soft buttons on the screen. Does the API support that?

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                    Would be great if you could control HS events/devices as well from soft buttons on the screen. Does the API support that?

Cheers
                    Al
                    The soft keys are programmable. The method differs by Polycom model, but you as far as I know on any SoundPoint or VVX you can have a soft key call a URL.
                    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                      The soft keys are programmable. The method differs by Polycom model, but you as far as I know on any SoundPoint or VVX you can have a soft key call a URL.
                      Thanks, so should be able to control HS with a json command or calling a custom asp.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

Can you give your script? I have a Polycom IP335 phone, and would love to do something like this!

Comment

Working...
                        X