Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For z-wave is an interface from HS required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For z-wave is an interface from HS required?

I just purchased HS3PRO today. For z-wave comms, do I need to purchase one of the z-wave interfaces directly from HomeSeer due to compatibility or can any z-wave interface work?

I am asking because I would like to setup and play with this over the weekend and do not have a z-wave interface yet. Not sure if I can pick something up local or if I have to wait for order processing and shipping from HS.

Thank you!

There should be a drop down in the plugin setup to show which ones you can use. It does not have to be HS branded (but they seem to be the best). I was using the Aeon zstick up until recently without issue. Attached is a screenshot of the options.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FLtechie View Post
      I just purchased HS3PRO today. For z-wave comms, do I need to purchase one of the z-wave interfaces directly from HomeSeer due to compatibility or can any z-wave interface work?

I am asking because I would like to setup and play with this over the weekend and do not have a z-wave interface yet. Not sure if I can pick something up local or if I have to wait for order processing and shipping from HS.

Thank you!
      There are quite a few interfaces supported, I have attached a screenshot of what is currently listed with the latest Z-Wave beta plug-in. Any of those listed should work fine.
      Attached Files
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

What Randy said

Comment

Great! Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
            What Randy said
            Apparently great minds think alike - and simultaneously
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Frankly, I think it's best to go with one of the HST controllers. I do not believe that HS3 supports any of the "Gen5" controllers from Aeon, for example (the Z-Stick is old technology). If you're in Europe, there is a controller available there that's supported.

The controller is not a place where ou want to skimp. Buying a used old generation controller will just cause you grief.

Comment

Working...
              X