Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which USB Z-Wave controller

Hi,

Which Z-Wave+ controller do you guys/girls recommend (European region)?
    - Aeon Labs Z-Stick
    - Razberry
    ... ?

What's the Z-wave.me about ?

Gr,
    Kriz

I don't think there is one absolutely perfect controller, I use the UZB1 and have no complaints however I believe some of the more advanced functions (backup/restore?) may not work quite right unless you update the firmware or something.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      I don't think there is one absolutely perfect controller, I use the UZB1 and have no complaints however I believe some of the more advanced functions (backup/restore?) may not work quite right unless you update the firmware or something.
      I also use the UZB1 which has worked well for me. It is very cheap so I keep a spare handy. However, as mrhappy says, the restore function in HS3 is not working with the current UZB1 firware. It worked with earlier firmware and hopefully HS will sort out the problem soon. Backup still works, not that that is much good without a functioning restore.

This doesn't affect day to day operation but it is harder to move your network from an old controller to the UZB1 or replace your UZB1 if it were to fail.

Steve

Comment

UZB1 for EU and it's not that hard to move a net without backup/restore. (But you need a scondary as "backup")

Regards
        Morten

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
          UZB1 for EU and it's not that hard to move a net without backup/restore. (But you need a scondary as "backup")

Regards
          Morten
          Yes, I moved my network from ZStick to UZB1 before the restore was originally implemented for the UZB1. However, I wasn't sure whether you could successfully promote a secondary to primary without the original primary still working. I used 'send network to another controller and make it primary'. I guess that while restore is not working I should make my spare stick a secondary to keep as a backup. Thanks Morten.

Steve

Comment

I'm not sure it should be possible. But I once lost my primary and used a secondary to promote another secondary to primary. It's the net I still use today.

Comment

Working...
            X