No announcement yet.

Making the Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a comment on system stability from my perspective. I almost never have to restart my system. HS3 can chug along for months at a time. Seems the only time I restart my system is when I'm tweaking or installing.
    Mike

Comment

Windows vs Linux.

You will find more plugins that run on Windows then on Linux.

I am running HS3 on windows 7. I don't remember the last time I had to reboot the computer. The only time I restart HS now is when I want to update HS to a new version.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
        I think a Z-Stick would probably be fine, but the Z-Net is supported directly by HomeSeer, and I don't believe the Z-Stick supports Z-Wave Plus.
        Thanks, I will probably spring for the z-net and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
          Windows vs Linux.

You will find more plugins that run on Windows then on Linux.

I am running HS3 on windows 7. I don't remember the last time I had to reboot the computer. The only time I restart HS now is when I want to update HS to a new version.
          Thats really good to hear! Making the choice that much easier

Comment

Working...
          X