Calendar "like" Recommendations Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calendar "like" Recommendations Please

Does anyone have a way to effect events without coding them in HomeSeer? I would like to remotely add to something like a "calendar" that would update stop events from tripping for that day.

I have looked at BLGData but as it seems with most Plugins this was written for HS2 and seems not to work fully in HS3 and is a bit pricey for something that does not work reliably.

I would love any suggestions you may have..

Thanks in advance.

BLGdata was written originally for HS3 and it works like a charm.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by hcameron View Post
      Does anyone have a way to effect events without coding them in HomeSeer? I would like to remotely add to something like a "calendar" that would update stop events from tripping for that day.
      Adding my $.02; I've been using a plug-in free method for many years with no issues. This eliminated all plug-in and google API change issues.

I set up a "homeseer" google account where I defined events which control virtual devices used for daily events. For example, a "no school" calendar event which sets a "no school" virtual device which stops the daytime HVAC set back temperature events as well as other events.

The "homeseer" google calendar is configured to email on event notifications. The email account is watched by HS (tools -> setup -> e-mail -> E-Mail Settings Receiving) where email events are triggered based on subject and sender. I reset the virtual device later in the day/evening as appropriate.

I've shared this calendar to my normal gmail account for easy maintenance.

For example:
      Attached Files
      Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
      Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
      Number of Devices: 633
      Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.54.0: BLBackup
      2.0.40.0: BLLAN
      3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
      30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
      3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
      3.0.0.87: weatherXML
      3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

This is great information and perfect for what I am looking for... Sorry for what may be a stupid questions but I have not done anything with the email setting other than checked to use gmail and put my information in for my Gmail Account... Do I need to have a different email setting to use your suggestion...

Once again, thanks for being willing to help the new kid...

Comment

The built in HS3 Gmail stuff is only good for sending (and receiving?) emails through HS3 natively. Totally aside from the plugin. BLGData is a whole different story because it requires the two factor authentication to be able to control all the Google stuff. There is plenty of information on how this works. It's a simple multi-step process you need to go through. Really, if you're logged into your HS3 system when you initialize the plugin it will walk you through it all.

EDIT; Woops. I thought you were responding to me....
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

This is great information and perfect for what I am looking for... Sorry for what may be a stupid questions but I have not done anything with the email setting other than checked to use gmail and put my information in for my Gmail Account... Do I need to have a different email setting to use your suggestion...

Once again, thanks for being willing to help the new kid...
            I don't think you need a different email account. However, I do not use my normal gmail account within HS as I don't need to see the email trigger messages.

Since they are free, I use a different gmail account for sending and yet another for receiving.

Receiving email is fairly trivial.
            Attached Files
            Len

Enabled Plug-Ins
            3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Len -

Thank you again very much... I was able to trigger a device by an email and that is perfect.

Are you at all knowledgeable about scripting? I am looking to write a script that will disable an event for 30 mins and then re-enable it...

Thanks again for all of your assistance.
              Howard

Comment

Len -

Thank you again very much... I was able to trigger a device by an email and that is perfect.

Are you at all knowledgeable about scripting? I am looking to write a script that will disable an event for 30 mins and then re-enable it...

Howard
                Are you just wanting to learn scripting. If not, you can disable and enable with 2 events.

For the disable event change the trigger to whatever you want it be and change the Immediate Script Command to have the name of the Event you want disabled. When Disable Event is triggered it will disable your event and set the Enable Event to be run in 30 minutes.
                In the Enable Event just change the name of the event in the immediate Script command to the same event name in the disable event.
                Attached Files
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff - That worked perfectly... Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Len -

Howard
                    I do a lot of scripting ... in Perl - but that doesn't help you out.

Are you wanting to actually disable an event or prevent the event from triggering based on the email trigger? or any other event trigger.

If former, Jeff's solution is best.

If the latter, then using my "no school" scenario, the email trigger that sets the "2nd floor kids bath no school" device to On, add another action which sets the same device to Off with a delay of 30 minutes.

The events I want to disable or enable have the "2nd floor kids bath no school" device as a condition. Based on the device's value, the event either runs or doesn't.
                    Len

Enabled Plug-Ins