I am coming home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am coming home

I am wondering if it is possible with home kit plugin to achieve what is in the video by fibaro, which is basically triggering "home preparation event" when y ou decide to go home..

please have a look to know what i mean..

if it is not possible to do it with home kit plugin via iPhone, how can i do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K35uFXoa5c0

There are so many ways to do this I don't really know where to begin. I don't know anything about idevices but I do know that you can use PHLocation and setup a geofence so when you get within a certain distance of your house your coming home events will run. You could also use the voice control in HSTouch to run any event you like.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      There are so many ways to do this I don't really know where to begin. I don't know anything about idevices but I do know that you can use PHLocation and setup a geofence so when you get within a certain distance of your house your coming home events will run. You could also use the voice control in HSTouch to run any event you like.
      IFTTT does well at geofencing. the one thing that is tricky is how does it handle when you leave somewhere and are not going home?
      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Agreed there are a lot of ways to do this. Once the find my iPhone stuff gets worked out here there's definitely geofencing but if you don't want to wait you can do geofencing with IFTT. You could also, along that route, set up Do buttons so that you can tell the house you're coming home with a deft swipe rather than talking (archaic).

I especially like the warm flicker of the bulbs coming on it was a nice touch on top of the waiting bird in the oven..

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
          I especially like the warm flicker of the bulbs coming on it was a nice touch on top of the waiting bird in the oven..
          so thats what has been missing in my life!

oh wait, i work from home now....
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

I use the free EgiGeoZone geofencing app on my android and it allows you to send an email or run an http web link(JSON). With this and the HS3 JSON implementaion you can call an event that is named comingHome

Here's the command.
            /JSON?request=runevent&group=GROUPNAME&name=EVENTNAME
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ha yeah feel your pain there working from home changes a man

Comment

Rupp is that just on the LAN or can you do it outside of the network?

Comment

I use PHLocation. With location services - Backitude for Android and FollowMee for iPhone, HomeSeer can know geofences, the location of phones, the distance from home and the direction of travel. There are also child devices for driving time to a location and walking time to a location calculated by the devices location relative to a "known location". I also use a fencing application - EGIGeoZone for Android and GeoFency for iPhone, for fast and redundant fencing triggers, with iBeacon support for iPhones. With these programs I can know who is home and who is not, who is driving toward home, how far they are and approximately how long before they are home. With iBeacons I also can know who is in which vehicle and by extension where the vehicle is if someone is in it - or where it was when someone last entered or left it.

This allows me to:
                  • Control lighting
                  • Control heat and air conditioning
                  • Control energy saving power controls
                  • Arm/disarm alarm system
                  • Lock/unlock doors
                  • Let other family members know each others location by Pushover or email messages
                  • Open or close the garage door based upon the vehicle and its occupant(s)
                  If I had powered skylights, curtains, and windows or controllable appliances their actions certainly could also be controlled by our locations as well. Though I have to confess I would doubt the wisdom of leaving a turkey in the oven all day.

In order for the garage door, security system and door locks to work, one of us has to arrive home, in one of our own vehicles. If both aren't true those systems will not change.

With PHLocation, you can accomplish everything in that video and do it one better by not actually having to tell your phone you are on the way home.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    I use the free EgiGeoZone geofencing app on my android and it allows you to send an email or run an http web link(JSON). With this and the HS3 JSON implementaion you can call an event that is named comingHome

Here's the command.
                    /JSON?request=runevent&group=GROUPNAME&name=EVENTNAME

Why don't you just use PHLocation. Sounds a lot tidier than what you're doing.
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I am using IFTTT and wish it were more reliable. I have tried wider and smaller circles around my house in the map and it still fails to update frequently when I leave or enter the circled area.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
                        I am using IFTTT and wish it were more reliable. I have tried wider and smaller circles around my house in the map and it still fails to update frequently when I leave or enter the circled area.
                        It seems to work 9 times out of 10 for me. I created a wide circle and a really tight circle around our house and the tight circle seems to work better.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                          Rupp is that just on the LAN or can you do it outside of the network?
                          It works outside the network. It a very simple implementation where you load the app, set up the geographic circle for notify and set a entering and exiting url.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            It seems to work 9 times out of 10 for me. I created a wide circle and a really tight circle around our house and the tight circle seems to work better.

Cheers
                            Al
                            Hmmm, I would estimate that it works less than 50% of the time for me. I park underground but when I go upstairs and am home for hours it still does not trigger as home. I was thinking a tight circle was not registering when I enter the underground parking so I widened it to a few more blocks.

In the past I was using Tasker to trigger a change in phone state when it connects or disconnects from the nearby cell towers and it was dead on every time. I looked at the Tasker plugin for Homeseer but it seems beyond my technical ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
                              Hmmm, I would estimate that it works less than 50% of the time for me.
                              Try loading the EgiGeoZone geofencing app. You can tell really quickly how well it works for you by having it simply email you when you enter or exit. It has failed to work for me about twice in the last 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X