Aeon micro switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeon micro switches?

Guys, I have a few different sets of 3-way and up switches in my house that I am not certain how they are wired. For example, one set of switches has 4 switches and I can turn them on and off in any combination and it works fine. I have tried unhooking wires but have been unable to determine which is the traveler.

Could I put one of the Aeon micro switches behind one of the switches in this configuration to z-wave enable them without issue? The only problem I can foresee is if I use zwave to turn them on and then someone turns them off at another switch, which would make HS wrong as to whether or not the lights are on.

Thoughts?

There are a few of these sites that may help:
    http://www.easy-do-it-yourself-home-...g-diagram.html
    Jim
    ----
    Plugins:Z Wave 3.0.1.55, HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208, HS3Touch, HS3Touch IOS, Z-Net, SceneMaster, XBMC, Sonos, Media Controller, Envisalink (52 Virtual nodes), JowiHue, EasyTrigger, Liftmaster MyQ, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLRadar, Pushover

Devices:Cooper RF9540, Cooper Scene, Yale Locks, Sonos, Phillips Hue and Lux, DSC, Somfy Blinds

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
      Could I put one of the Aeon micro switches behind one of the switches in this configuration to z-wave enable them without issue? The only problem I can foresee is if I use zwave to turn them on and then someone turns them off at another switch, which would make HS wrong as to whether or not the lights are on.

Thoughts?
      This is unlikely to work and I would not recommend event trying it. You need to have some sense as to how it's wired and you may need to shut off the power to that circuit, unhook all the switches and wiring, including at the light fixture so that you can measure which wires go where. Once you know that, post a sketch here and I (or someone else) can help determine the best way to wire. Is there room for one of the micro-switches at the fixture? Does the power source come into the fixture first and from there go to the switches, or does the power source go to one of the switches first.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yeah, this is what I had been planning to do, just thought I would ask about the micro switches as they seem like the "easy way out"

I have an electrician friend that I may get to map the circuits for me.

Comment

The nice thing with the Aeotec switches is that if there's room in the fixture, you can use it with the existing switches, so it's a relatively cheap way to convert everything to z-wave. You'd still need to rewire it though so that the switches control the Aeotec. Here's an example: http://aeotec.com/wp-content/uploads...-WayNoLive.png.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X