Project Smart Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Smart Mirror

After seeing the mirror a guy from Google made with the phone mounted behind it I just had to have one.

Sooo, here it is! I ordered the two way mirror (20x24), built the wooden frame myself and mounted an old Nexus 7 (2012) running Cyanogenmod and HSTouch. Still need to work on the interface a little but it's getting there.

Attached Files
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Looks great Bryan!
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Me likey! Nice job. Can you provide a link to the one made by the guy from Google?

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
        Me likey! Nice job. Can you provide a link to the one made by the guy from Google?
        Not the original article I saw this on, but it was all over the internet about two weeks ago.

Here's an article from Pop Sci:
        http://www.popsci.com/how-to-turn-yo...o-smart-mirror
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

How clear is the screen? Would you be able to see graphics clearly?

Comment

Looks great! Nice work. May want to search this forum also. I think user "collegeboys"?? also started a similar project.

Sent from my iPhone
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I am assuming that it is not conductive and just for display of information. Is this correct? If so then I wonder what it would take to make it react to touch so you could poke a button or scroll?

I'm really impressed with it as just a display for basic status and information though. My bathroom mirrors are about 6 feet wide by 4 feet tall but I am tempted now to replace them with two smaller mirrors in frames.

Comment

Thanks, this is a fun project. Really adds a 'Wow' factor to the system.

Graphics come right through, no problems at all. Took a look at my photo's above and you can see the weather icons and such.

Also, the screen is for informational use only, can't touch it through the glass. Now that would be awesome!

I've also updated it to show my camera's when a doorbell is pressed. I'll attach a photo of that.

Remember, taking a picture of a mirror is actually really hard! You get everything the mirror see's too, lol.

Attached Files
                Bryan

Comment

Where did you get the glass?

Comment

Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post
                    Where did you get the glass?
                    I got mine at http://www.twowaymirrors.com/ but there are plenty of places to order from. I got it in about a week after ordering.
                    Bryan

Comment

That does look cool !
                      very nice, using a motion detector that triggers something when you step in would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X