Scene primer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene primer

I have an old hard wired Lutron scene lighting system that I plan to replace with zwave switches and control pads so I can integrate it with my HS system. In HS lighting product literature, I see references to two ways of controlling light settings: scenes or events. I well understand HS events and can imagine how pressing a control pad button triggers an event that sets selected light devices to desired levels. But, the various lighting references to "scenes" make me think it is a different process and I just can't figure out how the scene process differs from an event and what the advantage is, if any.
    Last edited by Sheriff; February 25, 2016, 08:15 AM.
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Answered!

Tyler straightened me out; I'm posting his answer for future generations. If you do not run Homeseer, "Scenes" is a means of programming the control pad to control designated z-wave light devices directly. If, however, you are on a Homeseer network, the preferred means of controlling specific fixtures via the control pad would be by building "events".
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Want to play more with scenes? Then try this plugin out:

http://www.mikemackonline.com/homese...ster_info.html

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
        Tyler straightened me out; I'm posting his answer for future generations. If you do not run Homeseer, "Scenes" is a means of programming the control pad to control designated z-wave light devices directly. If, however, you are on a Homeseer network, the preferred means of controlling specific fixtures via the control pad would be by building "events".
        This is a matter of personal preference. I can group all my main floor lights into a scene button and pressing and holding will dim ALL lights. Can't do that with events.

Comment

Working...
        X