All of a sudden all devices became unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of a sudden all devices became unresponsive

I'm in the process of evaluating Homeseer and am hoping to transfer from Vera. I've added about 30 devices to Homeseer so far, and everything was fine, but as of today, none of the devices are responsive. I've tried rebooting the computer/resetting the controller (Aeon Labs Stick Gen5). Have done a full rescan, and optimization, but nothing seems to work. When I Test these devices they're all successful, but I can't control them, and all devices are stuck in their current state. For example some devices are Off right now, but their Homeseer status is stuck to On. Nothing works. Is there anything else I can try?

@Amir

Quick and dirty way to fix your stuff:

1 - disable the Z-Wave plugin via the GUI
    2 - delete all of your Z-Wave devices in the gui (and whatever events you have created)
    3 - enable your Z-Wave plugin, import node info from controller and scan devices
    4 - all of your new Z-Wave nodes should work fine.

OR

Your Z-Wave DB and or HS3 DB got trashed ...

Have you done a backup of your stuff?

You may get your stuff back if you restore it from a backup.

If not try this (may or may not work).

Do the following with HS3 in OFF mode.

If not rename the Z-Wave2.db to Z-Wave2.db.bu

copy over the last backup of the Z-Wave2.db and see if that works.

The Z-Wave DB back ups are in the HomeSeer/Data/Z-Wave/Backup/ directory. Use the most recent dated backup.

Rename it to Z-Wave2.db or whatever the old one was called.

AND OR

You can do similiar with the Homeseer data stuff that sits

HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.hsd...looking at mine I see a backup that was done on THU this last week (automatically done).

Note the first method will be the fastest if you are just playing with HS3 right now.

Curious what OS you are running? HS3 works the same way in Linux and Wintel and iOS.
    Last edited by Pete; March 6, 2016, 08:03 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file when you restart HS3? Your controller may simply be in a bad state and need to be restarted.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Pete, I tried your first suggestion and it worked. However, I lost all my device names and locations and every other little setting. Luckily I don't have any Events or Plugins or anything like that yet... Is this a common issue with HomeSeer? This can be extremely troubling if it happens once the system is fully up and running and I end up losing everything. I didn't have a backup this time, but if I did, would I be able to restore the system using a backup after going through this procedure?

Thanks very much for your help.

Comment

Not a normal occurrence and restoring the zwave network that way should typically be one of the last thing you try, not the first given the impact of it. What errors did the HS log show when you started the zwave plugin (before redoing everything)?

Cheers
          Al

PS Backups will help, depending on what the issue is.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X