Warm White of LIFX Color 1000 vs Aeotec ZW098 RGB Led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm White of LIFX Color 1000 vs Aeotec ZW098 RGB Led

I own four Aeotec ZW098 RGB Bulbs and I am not satisfied with the Warm White setting. It looks blueish to me.

I am considering to continue with the LIFX Color 1000 Bulb.

Anyone own these two bulbs and can tell me if they notice any difference between the two?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Incandescent snob says LIFX is nice!

I currently have 3 LIFX A19 Color 1000 bulbs. It has VERY warm white colors. There are like 12 presets and one called incandescent is almost exactly the same color as an incandescent bulb.

FWIW, I am an incandescent bulb snob. I HATE CFL lights and have only recently been able to accept LED lights because I LOVE real incandescent lighting. To me, nothing looks better.

Having said that, there are some LED bulbs that get it close enough for me to use them. The LIFX bulbs work for me as well. PLUS I can adjust them to the exact temperature I want. Pretty impressive bulbs...

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
      I currently have 3 LIFX A19 Color 1000 bulbs. It has VERY warm white colors. There are like 12 presets and one called incandescent is almost exactly the same color as an incandescent bulb.

FWIW, I am an incandescent bulb snob. I HATE CFL lights and have only recently been able to accept LED lights because I LOVE real incandescent lighting. To me, nothing looks better.

Having said that, there are some LED bulbs that get it close enough for me to use them. The LIFX bulbs work for me as well. PLUS I can adjust them to the exact temperature I want. Pretty impressive bulbs...
      Thank you for the info.

I'll see for myself soon, I've ordered 4 LIFX Color 1000 Bulbs to test them out. If they live up to my expectations, my Aeotec ZW098 will probably end up on eBay.

Mike.

Comment

Follow-up to my previous post, after 2 months of using LIFX 1000 Bulds, I can say that LIFX bulds are wonderful. They are bright, nice looking and you can choose from warm to cold white easily.

They are way better than the ZW098 that I still cannot set to Warm White (2500 - 3000K) even if they state so on their website and on their box. I exchanged many e-mails with their technical support and it seems that's the way it is.

Comment

Working...
        X