Z-Wave Aeon Energy Monitor not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Aeon Energy Monitor not updating

I just installed a clamp on energy meter. It paired ok, using the HomeSeer Ztool app. That was nice.

When I checked for power, the device showed nothing. 0 Watts and 0 Power. So obviously I thought I installed it wrong or it was broke.

Since it came with a power supply I used that and didn't put in batteries. The instructions are terrible.

Anyway I decided to Poll the device and it got the reading ok. Then I stopped the power and it never updated. I had to Poll again. I waited like an hour to see if it would update by itself.

I'm hoping there is a way to get it to update by itself. I'm running the latest zwave plugin. Just installed it.

Any ideas?
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Getting these in my log if it helps.

Apr-08 8:52:20 AM Z-Wave Warning Z-Wave: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_APPLIANCE Received on interface Z-Wave Source Node: 3

Apr-08 8:23:00 AM Z-Wave Warning Z-Wave: Unhandled frame for command class: 224 Received on interface Z-Wave Source Node: 3
    -Tim

Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Mine is installed a very long distance from my Z-Wave controller (Z-Net). Make sure you fully optimize the unit to make sure it has good routes. Do you know if it is the Gen1 or Gen2 model?
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'm pretty sure its gen1 because it was only $25 from Amazon.

It's really only my second zwave device, first was a motion sensor. I think I have it figured out though. I didn't know you could go into the device and set the poll times. I assumed it would update when it changed like my UPB stuff does. So it was a bit of a learning curve.

I have a current cost on the house mains, I'm just using this for the 220 clothes dryer to know when its done. I set the polling to every minute. So now it's updating at that rate. I don't know if thats too often for zwave or not. The sensor is plugged in for power, so I'm not worried about battery use.

I did a rescan from the main node device and that seems to have stopped the errors in the log. So looks like its good now.

Thanks!
        -Tim

Way2 Call
        Elk M1 Gold
        UPB HAI switches
        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Apr-08 11:30:26 AM Z-Wave Warning Exception processing received application frame for encapsulation: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow
          Still getting this kind of error. Any ideas?
          -Tim

Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

As far as I know, it should update automatically. Mine is doing this at least and I have no polling setup on any root or child nodes. You can try to delete it and add again - see if that helps.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              As far as I know, it should update automatically. Mine is doing this at least and I have no polling setup on any root or child nodes. You can try to delete it and add again - see if that helps.
              Thanks. I tried that earlier and it didn't help. When I saw there was a newer z-wave plugin, I installed that and deleted and add the monitor again. Still nothing without polling.

Like I said, I'm a z-wave newb, so I'm sure that I'm missing a step.

I'd like not to have to poll it.

Is this your device? http://amzn.to/1MkKjPs
              -Tim

Way2 Call
              Elk M1 Gold
              UPB HAI switches
              HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
                Thanks. I tried that earlier and it didn't help. When I saw there was a newer z-wave plugin, I installed that and deleted and add the monitor again. Still nothing without polling.

Like I said, I'm a z-wave newb, so I'm sure that I'm missing a step.

I'd like not to have to poll it.

Is this your device? http://amzn.to/1MkKjPs
                Post a screen shot of the settings portion of the z-wave tab from the root device. I have 4 of these and they all report fine, but you do need to configure the settings for them.

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  Post a screen shot of the settings portion of the z-wave tab from the root device. I have 4 of these and they all report fine, but you do need to configure the settings for them.

Cheers
                  Al
                  Thanks. Here ya go.
                  Attached Files
                  -Tim

Way2 Call
                  Elk M1 Gold
                  UPB HAI switches
                  HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Is that all you needed to see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    -Tim

Way2 Call
                    Elk M1 Gold
                    UPB HAI switches
                    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Thanks. Here ya go.
                      Is that all you needed to see?
                      Sorry, saw your post at work and could not reply then and forgot about it later.

Here's how I have mine set up:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1184270

Also confirm that you are running the latest firmware and upgrade it in case you are not. http://aeotec.com/z-wave-home-energy...-firmware.html

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

I made the same mistake, you need to set your voltage. The first setting to either 120 or 220 I believe.

Comment

Al, I see your group 1 reports every 10 seconds. How many aeon energy devices do you have?
                          I have a dozen or so aeon energy devices and anything reporting more than 1-1.5mins causes z-wave congestion. Just interested to know if you found a work around.

Sent from my iPhone
                          Tom
                          baby steps...starting again with HS3
                          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                            Al, I see your group 1 reports every 10 seconds. How many aeon energy devices do you have?
                            I have a dozen or so aeon energy devices and anything reporting more than 1-1.5mins causes z-wave congestion. Just interested to know if you found a work around.
                            Hi Tom, I typically have that one set to report every 30 seconds, but somehow it went back to default. I didn't realize that until after I posted and fixed it after. I didn't notice any congestion issues at 10 seconds nor at 30. I have about a dozen as well.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

Thanks. I'll make the changes and see how it goes.
                              -Tim

Way2 Call
                              Elk M1 Gold
                              UPB HAI switches
                              HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Working...
                              X